Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Boys #59 (spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:46 am

Holy shit. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: After reading last months issue you knew who was going to die this issue and well if you knew someone was going to die it was easy to figure it out who. This is the issue I've been waiting for since Highland Laddie started. Much like scalped this series is heading towards it's bloody conclusion and is about to ramp up and just blow us all away. What an amazing fucking book. I think I'm far enough to say that I'm going to miss terror. He was a great character and a good doggie.

I can't say how happy I am that ennis didn't show the dogs death because I don't know if I could handled that but when Butcher says that he's got to see a man about a dog I got fucking pumped and figured we were about to see something get fucked up. Seriously this issue was great and I love that butcher is on the war path over the thing he loved more than anything.

RIP Terror. Good Dog.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:50 am

Poor Terror :(
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Somebody else read this fucking book and talk about it with me.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:11 pm

You think it really was Jack that killed him?
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:24 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:You think it really was Jack that killed him?


I don't know and I don't think they'll really explore the killer angle. Just that Butcher has never been scarier than when he said "I've got to go see a man about a Dog."

I can't imagine it being any other member of the 7.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:10 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I don't know and I don't think they'll really explore the killer angle. Just that Butcher has never been scarier than when he said "I've got to go see a man about a Dog."

I can't imagine it being any other member of the 7.


The way he was killing him while saying "Why did you kill me dog Jack" was utterly creepy. We've seen violent and loving it butcher throughout this book but never that detached.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:55 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
The way he was killing him while saying "Why did you kill me dog Jack" was utterly creepy. We've seen violent and loving it butcher throughout this book but never that detached.


The thing is his brutality is his enjoyment. This was personal and angry butcher totally unhinged. We haven't seen him like this in the entire series. There really is something about a man and his dog.
User avatar

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:58 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
The way he was killing him while saying "Why did you kill me dog Jack" was utterly creepy. We've seen violent and loving it butcher throughout this book but never that detached.


I also liked when Butcher said, "it ain't me son. I'm somewhere else watching it happen." It was like at that point he had an out of body experience which added to the creepiness of the whole scene. Great issue but I'm going to miss Terror.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:36 am

DeadFett wrote:
I also liked when Butcher said, "it ain't me son. I'm somewhere else watching it happen." It was like at that point he had an out of body experience which added to the creepiness of the whole scene. Great issue but I'm going to miss Terror.


Yup. And the way Braun's art flashed to the look on Jack's eyes as he said that...you saw at that moment that he realised that Butcher had snapped beyond any sort of reason.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:26 am

Holy shit that was brutal. I’m not one of those morons who gets more upset when an animal dies in a movie than when a human dies (waaah, I’m boycotting I Am Legend because they killed a dog, even though the WHOLE OF HUMANITY was killed at the start, no a dog is more important), but Terror’s death shocked me, especially when he looked so adorable on the cover. Ennis you bastard! Butcher’s blank expression and the way he killed Jack From Jupiter was just terrifying. The Seven will not be safe now. There was more to this issue though, the stuff with Hughie venting his frustrations was gripping, and showed how this book is more complex than it seems in it’s character interactions. But really, this all came down to ‘why’d you kill me dog, Jack?’, that line is going to be with me for a while.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Punchy wrote:Holy shit that was brutal. I’m not one of those morons who gets more upset when an animal dies in a movie than when a human dies (waaah, I’m boycotting I Am Legend because they killed a dog, even though the WHOLE OF HUMANITY was killed at the start, no a dog is more important), but Terror’s death shocked me, especially when he looked so adorable on the cover. Ennis you bastard! Butcher’s blank expression and the way he killed Jack From Jupiter was just terrifying. The Seven will not be safe now. There was more to this issue though, the stuff with Hughie venting his frustrations was gripping, and showed how this book is more complex than it seems in it’s character interactions. But really, this all came down to ‘why’d you kill me dog, Jack?’, that line is going to be with me for a while.


Even when you're talking about a good comic you can still be a bit of a twat. reading The Boys every month you knew Terror was going to die and being upset over his death has nothing to do with him being an animal it has to do with him being a character you fell in love with way back in issue and also the first real death to happen to the team. I'm just glad they didn't show it because that would have been brutal.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:44 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
Even when you're talking about a good comic you can still be a bit of a twat. reading The Boys every month you knew Terror was going to die and being upset over his death has nothing to do with him being an animal it has to do with him being a character you fell in love with way back in issue and also the first real death to happen to the team. I'm just glad they didn't show it because that would have been brutal.


I had no idea he was going to die, and come on, he wasn't a character, he fucked things, he was a comedic device, a very funny one mind you.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:36 am

Punchy wrote:
I had no idea he was going to die, and come on, he wasn't a character, he fucked things, he was a comedic device, a very funny one mind you.


Then you're not reading the book. Back of #58 says a member of the team dies. Right next to the page with next months cover of Terror.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:57 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
Then you're not reading the book. Back of #58 says a member of the team dies. Right next to the page with next months cover of Terror.


I wouldn't consider Terror a member of the team. And I have read every issue.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:29 am

I would

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 31 guests