Advertisement

The Boys #59 (spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 319 posts
Title: Self Important

The Boys #59 (spoilers)

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:46 am

Holy shit. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: After reading last months issue you knew who was going to die this issue and well if you knew someone was going to die it was easy to figure it out who. This is the issue I've been waiting for since Highland Laddie started. Much like scalped this series is heading towards it's bloody conclusion and is about to ramp up and just blow us all away. What an amazing fucking book. I think I'm far enough to say that I'm going to miss terror. He was a great character and a good doggie.

I can't say how happy I am that ennis didn't show the dogs death because I don't know if I could handled that but when Butcher says that he's got to see a man about a dog I got fucking pumped and figured we were about to see something get fucked up. Seriously this issue was great and I love that butcher is on the war path over the thing he loved more than anything.

RIP Terror. Good Dog.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: The Boys #59 (spoilers)

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:50 am

Poor Terror :(

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Somebody else read this fucking book and talk about it with me.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:11 pm

You think it really was Jack that killed him?

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:24 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:You think it really was Jack that killed him?

I don't know and I don't think they'll really explore the killer angle. Just that Butcher has never been scarier than when he said "I've got to go see a man about a Dog."

I can't imagine it being any other member of the 7.

- Les Paul

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:10 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I don't know and I don't think they'll really explore the killer angle. Just that Butcher has never been scarier than when he said "I've got to go see a man about a Dog."

I can't imagine it being any other member of the 7.

The way he was killing him while saying "Why did you kill me dog Jack" was utterly creepy. We've seen violent and loving it butcher throughout this book but never that detached.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:55 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
The way he was killing him while saying "Why did you kill me dog Jack" was utterly creepy. We've seen violent and loving it butcher throughout this book but never that detached.

The thing is his brutality is his enjoyment. This was personal and angry butcher totally unhinged. We haven't seen him like this in the entire series. There really is something about a man and his dog.

- Les Paul

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:58 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:

I also liked when Butcher said, "it ain't me son. I'm somewhere else watching it happen." It was like at that point he had an out of body experience which added to the creepiness of the whole scene. Great issue but I'm going to miss Terror.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:36 am

DeadFett wrote:
I also liked when Butcher said, "it ain't me son. I'm somewhere else watching it happen." It was like at that point he had an out of body experience which added to the creepiness of the whole scene. Great issue but I'm going to miss Terror.

Yup. And the way Braun's art flashed to the look on Jack's eyes as he said that...you saw at that moment that he realised that Butcher had snapped beyond any sort of reason.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:26 am

Holy shit that was brutal. I’m not one of those morons who gets more upset when an animal dies in a movie than when a human dies (waaah, I’m boycotting I Am Legend because they killed a dog, even though the WHOLE OF HUMANITY was killed at the start, no a dog is more important), but Terror’s death shocked me, especially when he looked so adorable on the cover. Ennis you bastard! Butcher’s blank expression and the way he killed Jack From Jupiter was just terrifying. The Seven will not be safe now. There was more to this issue though, the stuff with Hughie venting his frustrations was gripping, and showed how this book is more complex than it seems in it’s character interactions. But really, this all came down to ‘why’d you kill me dog, Jack?’, that line is going to be with me for a while.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Punchy wrote:Holy shit that was brutal. I’m not one of those morons who gets more upset when an animal dies in a movie than when a human dies (waaah, I’m boycotting I Am Legend because they killed a dog, even though the WHOLE OF HUMANITY was killed at the start, no a dog is more important), but Terror’s death shocked me, especially when he looked so adorable on the cover. Ennis you bastard! Butcher’s blank expression and the way he killed Jack From Jupiter was just terrifying. The Seven will not be safe now. There was more to this issue though, the stuff with Hughie venting his frustrations was gripping, and showed how this book is more complex than it seems in it’s character interactions. But really, this all came down to ‘why’d you kill me dog, Jack?’, that line is going to be with me for a while.

Even when you're talking about a good comic you can still be a bit of a twat. reading The Boys every month you knew Terror was going to die and being upset over his death has nothing to do with him being an animal it has to do with him being a character you fell in love with way back in issue and also the first real death to happen to the team. I'm just glad they didn't show it because that would have been brutal.

- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:44 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
Even when you're talking about a good comic you can still be a bit of a twat. reading The Boys every month you knew Terror was going to die and being upset over his death has nothing to do with him being an animal it has to do with him being a character you fell in love with way back in issue and also the first real death to happen to the team. I'm just glad they didn't show it because that would have been brutal.

I had no idea he was going to die, and come on, he wasn't a character, he fucked things, he was a comedic device, a very funny one mind you.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:36 am

Punchy wrote:
I had no idea he was going to die, and come on, he wasn't a character, he fucked things, he was a comedic device, a very funny one mind you.

Then you're not reading the book. Back of #58 says a member of the team dies. Right next to the page with next months cover of Terror.

- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:57 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
Then you're not reading the book. Back of #58 says a member of the team dies. Right next to the page with next months cover of Terror.

I wouldn't consider Terror a member of the team. And I have read every issue.

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby The Bass » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:29 am

I would

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand