Saturday, June 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Boys #65 spoilers when I get back from Petsmart

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:38 am

None of this is a personal attack or even an insult. Why can't he have a conversation about a book without pretending he's the only one reading it?
User avatar

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:57 am

Since I got thread kicked from my own thread...
nietoperz wrote:I will say, I love how Bender managed to insert himself into a conversation between me and Yoni and make it all about him. Well played, that man.

It was a public conversation Nieto. If you didn't want other people responding to it then don't you think you should have PM'd him?
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 am

guitarsmashley wrote:None of this is a personal attack or even an insult. Why can't he have a conversation about a book without pretending he's the only one reading it?


Punchy does post in other people's threads all the time. He just occasionally misses some, as does every other poster on this board.

If you're to start criticizing those who make duplicate threads, you might want to wait more than a few hours after posting a duplicate thread yourself. Otherwise, your complaints come off as disengenuous and make it look like a personal attack.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 am

BlueStreak wrote:
Punchy does post in other people's threads all the time. He just occasionally misses some, as does every other poster on this board.


Once again, I will say it's about conversation not duplicate threads.
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:25 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
Once again, I will say it's about conversation not duplicate threads.


He does that too. You're only seeing what you want to see here.

Are we really going to start being preemptively critical of every poster who shares an opinion that's close to another poster's? I mean, whoop de fucking doo, Punchy enjoyed the same comic that you did and chose to make a comment about it in either this or another thread. But since he didn't directly respond to your comment, (or at least you don't think he will, since he probably hasn't even read the comment yet), it's time to start whipping out the accusations.

Once again, it comes off as disengenuous and looks like a personal attack. The lengths some of you guys will go to criticize someone who's trying to legitimately start comics discussion is saddening.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:27 am

BlueStreak wrote:
He does that too. You're only seeing what you want to see here.

Are we really going to start being preemptively critical of every poster who shares an opinion that's close to another poster's? I mean, whoop de fucking doo, Punchy enjoyed the same comic that you did and chose to make a comment about it in either this or another thread. But since he didn't directly respond to your comment, (or at least you don't think he will, since he probably hasn't even read the comment yet), it's time to start whipping out the accusations.

Once again, it comes off as disengenuous and looks like a personal attack. The lengths some of you guys will go to criticize someone who's trying to legitimately start comics discussion is saddening.


with proof.

sometimes a snide comment is a snide comment. None of anything said is a personal attack or insult. I haven't violated the TOC
2) Please be respectful of your fellow posters. This is an internet community and as such occasionally tempers will flare. All we ask is that you keep it classy. While there is no set list of off-limit topics or insults, keep in mind that, within reason, if a comment is reported as offensive and found to be as such, we will ask to remove the comment and to discontinue its use in dialogue. We would also add that posters' families and spouses are very much off-limits. Repeat offenders will be warned and banned if necessary.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:33 am

Does anyone else want to talk about this comic?
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:34 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
with proof.


And he explained himself in that thread, prompting the usual whining and moaning from the usual people who just need to get their digs in. To some of you, the kid can't do a damn thing right. It's pedantic and growing absurd.

If you have such a problem with his posts, put him on ignore. Otherwise, knock it off and move on with your life.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 am

BlueStreak wrote:
And he explained himself in that thread, prompting the usual whining and moaning from the usual people who just need to get their digs in. To some of you, the kid can't do a damn thing right. It's pedantic and growing absurd.

If you have such a problem with his posts, put him on ignore. Otherwise, knock it off and move on with your life.



guitarsmashley wrote:Does anyone else want to talk about this comic?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 am

guitarsmashley wrote:Does anyone else want to talk about this comic?


I do, I'll be posting about it when I read it.

But you seem to have a problem with that :smt102
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:05 am

Aside from Punchy's irrational hatred of all things talking animal related, he's cool in my book. At this point I'm surprised he still contributes as much as he does, it's sad that people react the way they do to him all the time. It's like people project their feelings for Twigglett, who is intentionaly antagonistic, onto punchy because they know one another in real life or something.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:06 am

Rockman wrote:Aside from Punchy's irrational hatred of all things talking animal related, he's cool in my book. At this point I'm surprised he still contributes as much as he does, it's sad that people react the way they do to him all the time. It's like people project their feelings for Twigglett, who is intentionaly antagonistic, onto punchy because they know one another in real life or something.


Ironically, considering you just suggested some people project their feelings about Twigg onto me, I'm not the one who hates talking animals, he is.

But thanks.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 am

lol I thought you hated Fables because of the talking animals.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:14 am

Rockman wrote:lol I thought you hated Fables because of the talking animals.


Nope, I hate Fables for other reasons.
User avatar

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:49 am

nietoperz wrote:Knock it off Yoni. You had no call to bring Punchy into this at all, so all you're doing is being a troublemaker.


Ah, I see he paid his protection money early this month ...

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles, Google [Bot] and 49 guests