Advertisement

The Boys #65 spoilers when I get back from Petsmart

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 178 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: The Boys #65 spoilers when I get back from Petsmart

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:38 am

None of this is a personal attack or even an insult. Why can't he have a conversation about a book without pretending he's the only one reading it?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:57 am

Since I got thread kicked from my own thread...
nietoperz wrote:I will say, I love how Bender managed to insert himself into a conversation between me and Yoni and make it all about him. Well played, that man.

It was a public conversation Nieto. If you didn't want other people responding to it then don't you think you should have PM'd him?
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 am

guitarsmashley wrote:None of this is a personal attack or even an insult. Why can't he have a conversation about a book without pretending he's the only one reading it?

Punchy does post in other people's threads all the time. He just occasionally misses some, as does every other poster on this board.

If you're to start criticizing those who make duplicate threads, you might want to wait more than a few hours after posting a duplicate thread yourself. Otherwise, your complaints come off as disengenuous and make it look like a personal attack.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 am

BlueStreak wrote:
Punchy does post in other people's threads all the time. He just occasionally misses some, as does every other poster on this board.

Once again, I will say it's about conversation not duplicate threads.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:25 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
Once again, I will say it's about conversation not duplicate threads.

He does that too. You're only seeing what you want to see here.

Are we really going to start being preemptively critical of every poster who shares an opinion that's close to another poster's? I mean, whoop de fucking doo, Punchy enjoyed the same comic that you did and chose to make a comment about it in either this or another thread. But since he didn't directly respond to your comment, (or at least you don't think he will, since he probably hasn't even read the comment yet), it's time to start whipping out the accusations.

Once again, it comes off as disengenuous and looks like a personal attack. The lengths some of you guys will go to criticize someone who's trying to legitimately start comics discussion is saddening.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:27 am

BlueStreak wrote:
He does that too. You're only seeing what you want to see here.

Are we really going to start being preemptively critical of every poster who shares an opinion that's close to another poster's? I mean, whoop de fucking doo, Punchy enjoyed the same comic that you did and chose to make a comment about it in either this or another thread. But since he didn't directly respond to your comment, (or at least you don't think he will, since he probably hasn't even read the comment yet), it's time to start whipping out the accusations.

Once again, it comes off as disengenuous and looks like a personal attack. The lengths some of you guys will go to criticize someone who's trying to legitimately start comics discussion is saddening.

with proof.

sometimes a snide comment is a snide comment. None of anything said is a personal attack or insult. I haven't violated the TOC
2) Please be respectful of your fellow posters. This is an internet community and as such occasionally tempers will flare. All we ask is that you keep it classy. While there is no set list of off-limit topics or insults, keep in mind that, within reason, if a comment is reported as offensive and found to be as such, we will ask to remove the comment and to discontinue its use in dialogue. We would also add that posters' families and spouses are very much off-limits. Repeat offenders will be warned and banned if necessary.

- Les Paul

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:33 am

Does anyone else want to talk about this comic?

- Les Paul

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:34 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
with proof.

And he explained himself in that thread, prompting the usual whining and moaning from the usual people who just need to get their digs in. To some of you, the kid can't do a damn thing right. It's pedantic and growing absurd.

If you have such a problem with his posts, put him on ignore. Otherwise, knock it off and move on with your life.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 am

BlueStreak wrote:
And he explained himself in that thread, prompting the usual whining and moaning from the usual people who just need to get their digs in. To some of you, the kid can't do a damn thing right. It's pedantic and growing absurd.

If you have such a problem with his posts, put him on ignore. Otherwise, knock it off and move on with your life.

guitarsmashley wrote:Does anyone else want to talk about this comic?

- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 am

guitarsmashley wrote:Does anyone else want to talk about this comic?

I do, I'll be posting about it when I read it.

But you seem to have a problem with that :smt102

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 251 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:05 am

Aside from Punchy's irrational hatred of all things talking animal related, he's cool in my book. At this point I'm surprised he still contributes as much as he does, it's sad that people react the way they do to him all the time. It's like people project their feelings for Twigglett, who is intentionaly antagonistic, onto punchy because they know one another in real life or something.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:06 am

Rockman wrote:Aside from Punchy's irrational hatred of all things talking animal related, he's cool in my book. At this point I'm surprised he still contributes as much as he does, it's sad that people react the way they do to him all the time. It's like people project their feelings for Twigglett, who is intentionaly antagonistic, onto punchy because they know one another in real life or something.

Ironically, considering you just suggested some people project their feelings about Twigg onto me, I'm not the one who hates talking animals, he is.

But thanks.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 251 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 am

lol I thought you hated Fables because of the talking animals.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:14 am

Rockman wrote:lol I thought you hated Fables because of the talking animals.

Nope, I hate Fables for other reasons.

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Engineering The Future

Postby spidertour02 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:49 am

nietoperz wrote:Knock it off Yoni. You had no call to bring Punchy into this at all, so all you're doing is being a troublemaker.

Ah, I see he paid his protection money early this month ...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand