Advertisement

The Court Of Owls Mastermind Is?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: The Court Of Owls Mastermind Is?

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 am

nietoperz wrote:Do we know that Lincoln March is definitely dead? Because if not he would be my primary suspect. Hell, he could even BE Thomas Wayne jr - after all, he and Bruce look nearly identical.

The mayor that appeared in #1 will conveniently be revealed as the mastermind?

Sounds like a Hush redux :P

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:55 pm

nietoperz wrote:Do we know that Lincoln March is definitely dead? Because if not he would be my primary suspect. Hell, he could even BE Thomas Wayne jr - after all, he and Bruce look nearly identical.

He's Thomas Wayne Jr.

Still a great issue and Snyder is still knocking Batman out of the park. I'd go into detail about the whole thing but I don't want to get banned. :P
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 388 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:04 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
He's Thomas Wayne Jr.

Still a great issue and Snyder is still knocking Batman out of the park. I'd go into detail about the whole thing but I don't want to get banned. :P

Yeah, I just read the issue today and my reaction was WTF? So apparently Bruce now has a younger brother that we are now hearing about. The whole thing where his mother was expecting a second child felt so shoe-horned to me. This whole issue left me so confused when I read it.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 938 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:04 pm

The answer is obvious.

Dan Didio.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 714 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:06 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
He's Thomas Wayne Jr.

Great issue that I just HAD to read before getting back online! Kina shocked at the reveal but I'm not shocked that "March" isn't dead. And, according to Snyder's backup story, we know where the name came from. So... maybe that's a true reveal?

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:The answer is obvious.

Dan Didio.

Nice one!

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:08 pm

I enjoyed the issue and I've enjoyed the storyline -- pulling something like this together is difficult work. I think Snyder told a coherent story over these first 10 issues that, to me, show what Bruce Wayne, Batman and Gotham City are in how they interact with things around them that they don't necessarily know or understand.

What happens next issue is almost irrelevant to me, for that reason: Defeating the Owl, or the Court, or the Talons, was merely the byproduct of this. To me, the storyline was really making Bruce Wayne understand that Gotham City doesn't belong to him or anyone else. Interactions with other characters in Gotham City is what makes that city what it is, and I enjoyed thinking about that side of it, very much.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:11 pm

HNutz wrote:
Great issue that I just HAD to read before getting back online! Kina shocked at the reveal but I'm not shocked that "March" isn't dead. And, according to Snyder's backup story, we know where the name came from. So... maybe that's a true reveal?

I am still confused as to how Thomas Wayne Jr. was conceived if it was indicated that Martha Wayne had a miscarriage? Did the Owls somehow fake his death from his family when he was conceived? Plus, how exactly did Thomas Wayne Jr. know about his family seeing as how he was born shortly before they were murdered? Did the Court Of Owls tell him about his family background at some point? To me this sounds like Hush all over again.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:23 pm

So Snyder DID end up pulling the exact same swerve that Loeb did with Hush about 7 or so years ago.

As for Thomas Jr, playing off the Owlman history pre-reboot (despite being earth 3, antimatter earth or whatever) it was the only logical conclusion so despite how big of a recon it is, it stil makes sense.

But yeah, I did like this story a lot more when it was called Hush.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Where has the Penguin been in all of this? He's part of the old families of Gotham and he has an obsession with birds. I feel like he should be in the mix somewhere.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:35 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:Where has the Penguin been in all of this? He's part of the old families of Gotham and he has an obsession with birds. I feel like he should be in the mix somewhere.

I had the exact same thoughts.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:41 pm

I get confused about this shit right there, though: So in the New 52, "Hush" happened, because all of Batman's timeline stayed intact, right?

There is a Tommy Eliot and now, a person who claims to be
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Thomas Wayne, Jr.
? Both of whom know Bruce Wayne is Batman and launched a long-running scheme in Gotham without the World's Greatest Detective having a clue?

Again, I don't take this stuff nearly as seriously as some people might think. But to me, there's no reason to have Hush if you have the Owl, and vice versa.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Regulator » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:06 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:But yeah, I did like this story a lot more when it was called Hush.

Why? Hush wasn't good. :P

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Regulator wrote:
Why? Hush wasn't good. :P

It was a decent, fun read. While the Tommy Elliot reveal fell flat the Riddler twist was pretty cool

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:51 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:So Snyder DID end up pulling the exact same swerve that Loeb did with Hush about 7 or so years ago.

As for Thomas Jr, playing off the Owlman history pre-reboot (despite being earth 3, antimatter earth or whatever) it was the only logical conclusion so despite how big of a recon it is, it stil makes sense.

But yeah, I did like this story a lot more when it was called Hush.

Which again adds to the confusion of one thing: if there is a Thomas Wayne Jr. in this world, does that mean that the Crime Syndicate counterpart no longer existst then? Does this also mean that Ultra Man, Super Woman, Johnny Quick and Power Ring got retconned as well? Another reason as to why the New 52 is so confusing.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand