Saturday, October 1, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Court Of Owls Mastermind Is?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Zechs wrote:
Honestly, there's only three people who could be controlling Talia: Sensei, Ra's, or Nyssa.


You assume the Big Bad controlling her is human.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:06 pm

draco x wrote:
Assuming Thomas Wayne Jr. survives I could see these two working together at some point. Thomas could easily find a way to dig up Hurt out of his grave and try to stick it to Bruce. However, the issue is whether or not anyone wants to bring back Simon Hurt or not.


Go look at the first issue of the post Nu52 Batman Inc. I could easily see that scene being at least somewhat influenced by Hurt (if that's the plan).
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:31 pm

HNutz wrote:
Great issue that I just HAD to read before getting back online! Kinda shocked at the reveal but I'm not shocked that "March" isn't dead. And, according to Snyder's backup story, we know where the name came from. So... maybe that's a true reveal?


Of course, we're getting all of this from March... maybe he's an unreliable narrator/been lied to his whole life? It COULD be a swerve... at least until the backup wraps up.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:58 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
You assume the Big Bad controlling her is human.


You assume Wingman is Wally West.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Ugh. Sometimes a thing is just what it is. I love the speculation, but how about we see what issue #11 brings. Only about three whole more weeks. And as pointed out earlier, there is a precident for TW Jr.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
You assume Wingman is Wally West.


For Batman to change his entire modus operandi to the point that he's basically franchising the idea Batman around the world, the Big Bad would have to be something a little more serious than just Talia or some wannabe Blofeld.

If the Big Bad were human, he (or she) would have to push Bruce serious enough for the first page scene in V2. #1 to really mean something. ("Batman. All of it. This madness is over.)
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:28 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Ugh. Sometimes a thing is just what it is. I love the speculation, but how about we see what issue #11 brings. Only about three whole more weeks. And as pointed out earlier, there is a precident for TW Jr.


And when you say predicament, do you mean Bane shows up and breaks his back, the Joker buries him next to Simon Hurt, Hush shoots him for ripping off his modus operandi or the CSA Owlman kills him for being a cheap knockoff?
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:38 pm

draco x wrote:
And when you say predicament, do you mean Bane shows up and breaks his back, the Joker buries him next to Simon Hurt, Hush shoots him for ripping off his modus operandi or the CSA Owlman kills him for being a cheap knockoff?


No, "precident", not "predicament". Silly! There a few pretty good write-ups on TW Jr.'s link to past stories. That's really all I was trying to say.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:29 am

The Nacireman wrote:
For Batman to change his entire modus operandi to the point that he's basically franchising the idea Batman around the world, the Big Bad would have to be something a little more serious than just Talia or some wannabe Blofeld.

If the Big Bad were human, he (or she) would have to push Bruce serious enough for the first page scene in V2. #1 to really mean something. ("Batman. All of it. This madness is over.)

Why? Talia's the daughter of a guy who's thousands of years old, operates out of basically every major country in the world and several minor ones, whose plans generally involve wiping out 2/3 of the World's population, and who has resources equal to Batman's. He was behind Contagion, and almost exponentially increased that death toll with Legacy. Talia's got all his resources, plus youth, and is a spurned woman scorned who is fighting for her child. I absolutely buy that she's the big bad and rates Bats franchising.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:31 am

draco x wrote:
Isn't Nyssa dead though?

Dear God, we can only hope. All evidence of/reference to her and that Godawful Death and the Maidens mini needs to be banished from existence
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:34 am

draco x wrote:Does anyone remember that story some years ago when Bane thought that he and Bruce were brothers? Does anyone think it would have been better if Bruce's dad had been revealed as Bane's biological father instead of King Snake? That would be almost be more interesting than the my-younger-brother-who-I-never-knew-existed-after-a-miscarriage-having-the-same-modus-operandi-as-my-Crime-Syndicate-Of-America-counterpart. Again that's just my take but others here might feel differently.

No. Bane as a Wayne was another terrible idea/tease that needs to never be revisited.


I do miss Sir Edmund Dorrance though...hope King Snake gets revitalized somehow in the DCnU.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:54 am

alaska1125 wrote:
No, "precident", not "predicament". Silly! There a few pretty good write-ups on TW Jr.'s link to past stories. That's really all I was trying to say.


Oh, my bad! My fanboy subconscience for what I want to see happen to TW Jr. kicked in unexpectedly.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 am

chap22 wrote:Dear God, we can only hope. All evidence of/reference to her and that Godawful Death and the Maidens mini needs to be banished from existence


Agreed. That was the one good thing about Cassandra Cain going evil is her bumping off Nyssa off-screen. To me it was more original than having the Joker be the only option of eliminating villains no one cares about.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:01 am

chap22 wrote:No. Bane as a Wayne was another terrible idea/tease that needs to never be revisited.


I do miss Sir Edmund Dorrance though...hope King Snake gets revitalized somehow in the DCnU.


I do admit I would have been pissed off if Bane had actually turned out to be Bruce's brother myself but I would take Bane over Owlman redux currently. We already have the CSA version who is still out there as well as Roy Raymond Jr.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:43 am

draco x wrote:
We already have the CSA version who is still out there as well as Roy Raymond Jr.


This is a new DC, one of the great things about it is we have no idea what's out there and what isn't

/Didio'd

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clockwork_Fish, holtom2000, Sully85 and 50 guests