Advertisement

The Cover Poll Poll!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

How Do You Prefer Your COTW Art

With Trade Dress
45%
Clean Art
32%
No Preference
23%

Total votes : 22

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: The Cover Poll Poll!

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Stephen Day wrote: I don't truly understand why you guys even want to nominate covers without the cover dress

I can't help but notice that the 'dress' supporters have presented where their case and the 'naked' voters have not ('Suck it up and just don't vote for us' is hardly explaining your position).

So I ask the nakeders - why do you feel a piece of art is the same as a cover?

Maybe you feel the dress isn't important - if so, what books were these the 'naked' covers of? (hint - none of them are related to the book they adorn) :-D
ImageImageImageImageImage

Advertisement

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:20 pm

All this talk about nakedness reminds me that I absolutely love nudity.

Perhaps I'm destined to enjoy more that which is not fully or properly dressed?

Oh, my therapist would love to analize that.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Arion wrote:My point is, and I hope no one takes it the wrong way, we shouldn't feel angry or upset about what kind of cover we're posting in the thread. Some will prefer trade dress others cover art, and that's fine. We shouldn't have rules about this. Let's keep things casual and welcoming to both political parties (the trade-dressers and the cover-artsies).

I'm neither angry, not upset about this issue at all. I feel very strongly that my position is correct, but it's not like I have anything against those that disagree with me. We disagree when it comes to this issue -- it happens and that's life. :smt102

Thank you Troy for the sig

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Amoebas wrote:I can't help but notice that the 'dress' supporters have presented where their case and the 'naked' voters have not ('Suck it up and just don't vote for us' is hardly explaining your position).

This is just a bullshit statement. I explicitly said that I thought it was about the art. Why the heck is this such a sticking point for you. Seriously...the poll was in a dead tie the last time I checked. Do you really need to dress down nice guys like Arion just to make a point? This whole argument has me reconsidering whether this poll is actually as fun as I thought it was supposed to be.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:48 pm

alaska1125 wrote:This is just a bullshit statement. I explicitly said that I thought it was about the art. Why the heck is this such a sticking point for you. Seriously...the poll was in a dead tie the last time I checked. Do you really need to dress down nice guys like Arion just to make a point? This whole argument has me reconsidering whether this poll is actually as fun as I thought it was supposed to be.

Please don't stop just because of this disagreement. I agree that Amoebas seems to be taking this more seriously than he should, but that shouldn't ruin your enjoyment.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:07 pm

alaska1125 wrote:This is just a bullshit statement. I explicitly said that I thought it was about the art. Why the heck is this such a sticking point for you. Seriously...the poll was in a dead tie the last time I checked. Do you really need to dress down nice guys like Arion just to make a point? This whole argument has me reconsidering whether this poll is actually as fun as I thought it was supposed to be.

Stephen Day wrote:Please don't stop just because of this disagreement. I agree that Amoebas seems to be taking this more seriously than he should, but that shouldn't ruin your enjoyment.

I didn't know I was dressing down Arion (who I've never once had anything but respect for). Arion, if I have somehow offended you, I apologize.

I was merely making points and asking questions in what I thought was an on-going debate.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:19 pm

All things considered, it's so even that I think it's probably wisest just to keep things the way they are.

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Amoebas wrote:

I didn't know I was dressing down Arion (who I've never once had anything but respect for). Arion, if I have somehow offended you, I apologize.

I was merely making points and asking questions in what I thought was an on-going debate.

I only pointed out Arion because we have the same view on this and I really don't care if you dress me down...I'm only kind of nice. He's the real deal.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:01 pm

nietoperz wrote:All things considered, it's so even that I think it's probably wisest just to keep things the way they are.

Truly this is a topic that only we here at the Outhouse could argue about :-D

Hab

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 pm

You know, I pretty much started this ridiculous debate so can I end it? I'm sorry if I came off as somehow jerky. I initially wanted a ruling on what was expected since it seemed to be becoming an issue. I'm ready to just drop it and hope everyone can move on.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:22 pm

alaska1125 wrote:You know, I pretty much started this ridiculous debate so can I end it? I'm sorry if I came off as somehow jerky. I initially wanted a ruling on what was expected since it seemed to be becoming an issue. I'm ready to just drop it and hope everyone can move on.

It's alright, I don't think this entire thing has been that great for the group of us. The debate has been had, the vote is in and Nieto has made the ruling about where things go from here. I agree it's just best to move on. :)

Pizza Dog
cheese

Title: Awesomesauce

Postby Pizza Dog » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:30 am

alaska1125 wrote:You know, I pretty much started this ridiculous debate so can I end it? I'm sorry if I came off as somehow jerky. I initially wanted a ruling on what was expected since it seemed to be becoming an issue. I'm ready to just drop it and hope everyone can move on.

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Events been to:

SFX Weekender 3 - Sci-Fi Weekender 4 & 5 - Kapow! '12 - Leeds Comic Con '11, '12 & '13 - Skottie Young Signing Tour '13 - Newcastle Film and Comic Con '14

Events going to:

London Film and Comic Con '14 - Sheffield Film & Comic Con '14 - Leeds Comic Con '14 - Sci-Fi Weekender 6 - Newcastle Film & Comic Con '15

** :-D I meet STAN LEE in 93-days!!!! :-D **

Arion
Twenty-Something

Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I'm neither angry, not upset about this issue at all. I feel very strongly that my position is correct, but it's not like I have anything against those that disagree with me. We disagree when it comes to this issue -- it happens and that's life. :smt102

Oh, I'm glad to hear that.

Most times people get upset when there is a disagreement, it's great to know that's not the case here.

All this talk about dressing down is still making me think about nudity. I've got a dirty mind, don't I?

Amoebas wrote:

Ah, don't worry about it. No offense taken. And, I hope, no one got offended by anything I said.

nietoperz wrote:All things considered, it's so even that I think it's probably wisest just to keep things the way they are.

Goody goody. That's what I wanted to hear.

alaska1125 wrote:I only pointed out Arion because we have the same view on this and I really don't care if you dress me down...I'm only kind of nice. He's the real deal.

Thank you! Nice to know I'm appreciated around here.

GHERU
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby GHERU » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:19 pm

IMO
for nomination purposes it doesn't matter
but, when voting it should be the cover people will buy

Not only because that is the actual cover, but because not all covers will have a "clean" version
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

GHERU
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby GHERU » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Arion wrote:Dynamite and other publishers offer 'virgin art' variants. And the absence of logos, numbers or any other details does not invalidate them as covers.

fair point
in those cases the nominated cover should be labeled as a virgin variant
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand