Thursday, May 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

The End is Nigh - DC Comics Having "Meetings" Today

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:19 am

alaska1125 wrote:
Possibly bad for some creative types.

Good thing DC employs very few of those nowadays...

Stalzer2002

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Stalzer2002 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:00 am

Herald wrote:
"Not necessarily good" for Dan and the Gang.
Possibly GREAT for those who disapprove of them. :twisted:

I doubt it. If the Didiot was on his way out, Karen Berger wouldn't be.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:07 am

Herald wrote:
Good thing DC employs very few of those nowadays...

Touché.

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:53 am

Stalzer2002 wrote:
I doubt it. If the Didiot was on his way out, Karen Berger wouldn't be.

I dunno; I wouldn't be surprised if Warners is considering cleaning house altogether.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 am

Herald wrote:
I dunno; I wouldn't be surprised if Warners is considering cleaning house altogether.

Why would they do that now, when they're still riding high on sales with the nu 52? Do you think some Warner execs are sitting around at a board meeting saying, "I do love all this money, but Cassandra Cain and Dr. Light aren't really being treated with the respect they deserve as characters. Let's fire everyone."

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:01 am

alaska1125 wrote:
He posted a cryptic comment on Facebook. He does admit to only having heard rumors, but I'd imagine he has a couple of fairly reliable sources. Again, "for what it's worth"...take it with whatever dose of salt grain you find necessary.

this one?

Today the other shoe drops for a lot of people I know. Stand fast and while this is the worst time for things like this to happen, opportunity will present itself soon.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:07 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Why would they do that now, when they're still riding high on sales with the nu 52? Do you think some Warner execs are sitting around at a board meeting saying, "I do love all this money, but Cassandra Cain and Dr. Light aren't really being treated with the respect they deserve as characters. Let's fire everyone."

:lol:

I think that people fool themselves when they think removing Person A is going to fix every problem ever. Like Didio being fired and replaced would suddenly make DC Comics "better" or Bendis leaving the Avengers books would bring about a return to classic Avengers. For instance.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 am

SuperginraiX wrote::lol:

I think that people fool themselves when they think removing Person A is going to fix every problem ever. Like Didio being fired and replaced would suddenly make DC Comics "better" or Bendis leaving the Avengers books would bring about a return to classic Avengers. For instance.

Gentlemen, your ideas intrigue me. I should like to subscribe to your newsletters.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:33 am

I hopethey're going to wake the fuck up, realise 52 books is way too many and cut down to about 12 monthly titles.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 am

Jubilee wrote:I hopethey're going to wake the fuck up, realise 52 books is way too many and cut down to about 12 monthly titles.

And only two X-Men books!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:49 am

That would be an uncanny idea :P

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:08 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Why would they do that now, when they're still riding high on sales with the nu 52?

"Riding high", you say??
Remind me: How are the sales numbers on, say, Liefeld's Hawk and Dove??

What's that you say?? CANCELLED on ISSUE EIGHT?!
Well, that's NOT "riding high", now is it??

:roll:

Once more, for those of you who apparently can't read sales reports:

The only books with consistently high sales are on the books that ALWAYS tend to have high sales: Bat-books, Justice League, anything written by Geoff Johns. I am singularly Not Impressed. Get back to me when ALL of Dan and the Gang's books consistently sell 100,000+ a month, and they're not cancelling series in WAVE after WAVE.

Again, because you clearly forget quite easily:
Having to keep cancelling books, especially as pitifully early on as ISSUE EIGHT, is NOT "riding high".

"A TRUE rising tide raises ALL boats" and KEEPS them raised.

Do you think some Warner execs are sitting around at a board meeting saying, "I do love all this money, but Cassandra Cain and Dr. Light aren't really being treated with the respect they deserve as characters. Let's fire everyone."

Another News Flash for Jude that everyone else already knew: Comics don't earn Warners "all that money". The REAL money comes from movies, TV shows, and licensed product featuring the characters.

This company owns a MAJOR MOVIE STUDIO; the amount made on selling $3.99 pamphlets to a -- despite all this "New 52!" hoopla -- STILL TINY industry of fanboys DWARFS in comparison.

Class dismissed. 8)

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:19 pm

is Dan and the gang like Cool and the gang?

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Rockman wrote:is Dan and the gang like Cool and the gang?

Nah. Kool and the Gang have talent.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 pm

They can't even spell "Cool" right though

leave a comment with facebook