Sunday, July 31, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The End is Nigh - DC Falls Flat in Final Diamond Sales Numbers Before End of World

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:21 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Should be a vibrating cover.

dude...just 3 posts up. :smt011 :smt011
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Herald wrote:
As usual, YOU are the dummy.

1. As YOU YOURSELF admit, you don't know the actual number of books sold. In a VALID analysis, you don't just plug in a formula; you go by SOLID NUMBERS.

2. The industry's increase in sales is NOT going to be proportional across ALL the comic companies. The industry's much higher December numbers versus last year could be coming from Marvel -- as their much higher numbers would suggest -- and Image (I hear they've got this zombie book that became a TV show...), and not really from DC at all.

Bottom line: All your "If..." blah-blah-blah means NOTHING.

The problem with relying on percentages is that they can be highly misleading... especially to the easily misled, like YOU. :roll: :P


Wrong again, dumdum. If you read my post, you'd see I extrapolated the actual exact numbers.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Herald wrote:
As usual, YOU are the dummy.

1. As YOU YOURSELF admit, you don't know the actual number of books sold. In a VALID analysis, you don't just plug in a formula; you go by SOLID NUMBERS.


DC sold 2,574,827 comics in November, 2012. They sold 2,350,104 in August, a month with bigger sales than November traditionally, the month before their reboot. So a year and a half later, they are still selling more books than pre-reboot.

Where are your "actual numbers"? You only have "Dan and the gang suck."

2. The industry's increase in sales is NOT going to be proportional across ALL the comic companies. The industry's much higher December numbers versus last year could be coming from Marvel -- as their much higher numbers would suggest -- and Image (I hear they've got this zombie book that became a TV show...), and not really from DC at all.


DC still sold 225,000 more books this month than the month before the reboot.

Bottom line: All your "If..." blah-blah-blah means NOTHING.

The problem with relying on percentages is that they can be highly misleading... especially to the easily misled, like YOU. :roll: :P

Only if you're too dumb to take an actual number you know to be true (the sales for August and November 2011) and extrapolate the numbers using the percentages. That's real math, but I guess beyond your comprehension.
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:33 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Wrong again, dumdum. If you read my post, you'd see I extrapolated the actual exact numbers.


As BlueMole has already demonstrated, you can't go by "extrapolating numbers". That only works if the sales increases are always proportional across ALL companies, every single month, every single year. They are NOT. TRY to keep up.

In the meantime: Hey, Willy! Give him the news!! :-D

User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Herald wrote:
As BlueMole has already demonstrated, you can't go by "extrapolating numbers". That only works if the sales increases are always proportional across ALL companies, every single month, every single year. They are NOT. TRY to keep up.

In the meantime: Hey, Willy! Give him the news!! :-D




Um, yes you can.

If we know that DC sold x percent of y comics, and y comics are 3% more than z comics, and you know the value of z comics, you can fucking get the real number. It's not magic. It's algebra. Try to keep up.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:36 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Um, yes you can.

If we know that DC sold x percent of y comics, and y comics are 3% more than z comics, and you know the value of z comics, you can fucking get the real number. It's not magic. It's algebra. Try to keep up.

confounded, dad-blamed new math...
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:40 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
DC sold 2,574,827 comics in November, 2012. They sold 2,350,104 in August, a month with bigger sales than November traditionally, the month before their reboot. So a year and a half later, they are still selling more books than pre-reboot.


Image

So, apparently, you can't even pay attention to YOURSELF.
YOU set the comparison as this December versus LAST December.
And BlueMole already mentioned that, in that comparison, the sales are DOWN.

Sorry, but your attempt to move the goalposts because you lost ain't gonna work.
You got NOTHING. :P

"Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:42 pm

WE don't have numbers for this December. Do you have a time machine? Are you mentally retarded?
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:44 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:WE don't have numbers for this December. Do you have a time machine? Are you mentally retarded?


We're talking about these numbers from your LOLtron post versus those given out last December. Are YOU mentally retarded??

Poor Jude. He's simply NOT going to win this back! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Did anyone else notice that Red Hood and the Outlaws was the only mainstream DC trade to make that top 10?

Lobdell must be pleased =O
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:50 pm

And Jude was right. While DC was recording record sales and has been maintaining them with extremely minimal variance, Marvel had been in a sales slump until this Marvel NOW thing filled up the top 10 with their books.

DC isn't dropping, the market just got bigger when Marvel rebooted a large number of top tier books and got hit with a well above average level of sales.

Some people can't get their head out of their ass though to see the obvious.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:55 pm

I'll do it again, try to follow.

In November, 2011, DC sold 3,029,209 comics, which was 38.85% of the total comics sold.

3029209/x=38.85/100
3029209/x=.3885
3029209=.3885x
3029209/.3885=x
x=7797191

So there were 7,779,191 comics sold in November, 2011. Still with me?

There were 3% more comics sold in November 2012 than November 2012

7797191 * 1.03 = 8031107

There were 8,031,107 comics sold in November 2012. Still with me?

DC sold 33% of the total comics sold in November 2012.

8031107 * .33 = 2650265.

DC sold 2,650,265 comics in November, 2012.

Now, we all accept that DC will sell less comics 14 months after their reboot than 2 months after, so what we want to know is, did DC sell more comics in November than they did BEFORE the reboot.

DC sold 2,350,104 comics in August, 2012, the month before the reboot.

2,650,265 > 2,350,104

2,650,265 - 2,350,104 = 300,161

DC sold 300,161 more comics this month than they did the month before the reboot.

Suck it, dumdum.
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:56 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:And Jude was right. While DC was recording record sales and has been maintaining them with extremely minimal variance, Marvel had been in a sales slump until this Marvel NOW thing filled up the top 10 with their books.

DC isn't dropping, the market just got bigger when Marvel rebooted a large number of top tier books and got hit with a well above average level of sales.

Some people can't get their head out of their ass though to see the obvious.


That "some people" would be you and Jude. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again: BlueMole posted this on the previous page:

As an FYI, DC's sales are down 15% from November 2011.

DC's sales are down by 23.6% from September 2011.


DC is dropping.
They simply couldn't maintain the inflated initial sales of the DCnU.

Maybe someday, Jude and Fieldy will LEARN TO READ.
Problem is, they're too eager to try to attack ol' Herald to GET ALL THE FACTS.

"Sometimes, it's SO EASY, I'm ashamed of myself!" 8)
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:59 pm

You need to photoshop those numbers onto cue cards held by a pic of Doctor Light in a bikini for it to go through his head.
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:59 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I'll do it again, try to follow.

In November, 2011, DC sold 3,029,209 comics, which was 38.85% of the total comics sold.

3029209/x=38.85/100
3029209/x=.3885
3029209=.3885x
3029209/.3885=x
x=7797191

So there were 7,779,191 comics sold in November, 2011. Still with me?

There were 3% more comics sold in November 2012 than November 2012

7797191 * 1.03 = 8031107

There were 8,031,107 comics sold in November 2012. Still with me?

DC sold 33% of the total comics sold in November 2012.

8031107 * .33 = 2650265.

DC sold 2,650,265 comics in November, 2012.

Now, we all accept that DC will sell less comics 14 months after their reboot than 2 months after


Everyone except YOU and Fieldy. YOU are the one who claimed that DC sold more NOW than last December, and Fieldy's the unthinking idiot who blindly agreed with you!!

Thanks for systematically proving yourself wrong, though! :lol:

"Sometimes, it's SO EASY, I'm ashamed of myself!" 8)

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests