Advertisement

The Ending of Secret Avengers #25 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

The Ending of Secret Avengers #25 (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 pm

There will be big Eric O'Grady spoilers in the post below this one -- be warned

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: The Ending of Secret Avengers #25 (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Spoiler space

So Eric O'Grady earned the respect of the rest of his team members -- hey cool.

However, then the final page hits, revealing that he's working as a spy for the forces that the Secret Avengers just survived battle with. It's an interesting ending and begs a couple of questions. Is the real Eric O'Grady dead and has he been replaced by one of Father's adaptoids? If it is him, is his mind being controlled, and if so, how?

All told, it was a ending that has me wanting to see where this goes.

Thank you Troy for the sig

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 0 post
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:59 pm

I found it interesting as well, I like O'Grady. I think this will be one of the adaptoids or whatever being that he was calling him "Father". Which again begs the question where is Eric?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 pm

It was definitely an adaptoid. I can't bring myself to care about this book because it's boring though. This whole arc, I've just rushed through the issues waiting for them to be done. May be dropped if the next arc doesn't pick up.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:09 pm

This arc has been far from boring. This is the first time I've cared about Secret Avengers. And yeah.. definitely an adaptoid.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:18 pm

I think he's being mind controlled and/or partially rebuilt from his curb stomping. In X-Force before Deadpool kills him didn't Father show a degree of mind control?

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:24 am

Has to be mind control (especially with that line last issue when he pops up basically going "not without me around" which was so out of character that it was a major tip off)

I think my favorite stuff in the issue though was between Clint and Flash, really love their relationship so far.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:26 am

I have enjoyed this arc and will stick with the book. Not amazing or anything, but entertaining.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:18 pm

A satisfying conclusion to Rick Remender’s first arc of Secret Avengers, and one that sets up a lot of interesting stuff for the future. The team thinks that they have defeated the Descendants and that the threat is over, but it’s not, and dun dun dun! Ant-Man is actually working for Father! I wonder what kind of robot he is? A Deathlok? An Adaptoid? Or maybe he’s just being mind-controlled? But I’m guessing the real Eric is dead. And Eric O’Grady isn’t the only dead Secret Avenger either! Human Torch was ‘killed’ and although it looks like he’ll live on as a disembodied intelligence, it’s not quite the same is it? It was good that we did get an explanation as to the back-story of Father and everything in this issue, and how it ties in with Uncanny X-Force, although I’m surprised Captain Britain didn’t mention that he recently came across the Orb Of Necromancy. On top of that, this issue managed to give each character something to do, and I’m glad to see that the flirting between Venom and Valkyrie was carried over from Venom’s own title. It’ll be interesting to see how those two books interact and reflect eachother. Gabriel Hardman’s art was strong as usual, he’s become one of my favourite artists. Next up is an AvX tie-in, but I’m looking forward to what comes next with these pesky robots.

GHERU
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby GHERU » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:18 pm

one good ending out of 25 issues
ugh
I really need to drop this book, its never lived up to its potential, but for some reason I keep giving it chances.
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:25 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I think he's being mind controlled and/or partially rebuilt from his curb stomping. In X-Force before Deadpool kills him didn't Father show a degree of mind control?

Yes sir thats my guess. Still not a fan of Captain Britain being a part of this or that art but overall it was a pretty good issue.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand