Advertisement

The Immortal Iron Fist

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 340 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

The Immortal Iron Fist

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:36 pm

I read all 17 issues plus the Annual and One-Shot last night, and it is by far and away my favorite book from Marvel right now. Everything about it is outstanding!! I will miss Bru/Fraction but really the new writer doesn't seem to have missed a beat with his first issue. I just hope he follows up on all the plots that the previous crew started. I can't give this book enough praise and can only hope that it is around for many more years to come!!

Advertisement

jza1218

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist

Postby jza1218 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Spider-Troy wrote:I read all 17 issues plus the Annual and One-Shot last night, and it is by far and away my favorite book from Marvel right now. Everything about it is outstanding!! I will miss Bru/Fraction but really the new writer doesn't seem to have missed a beat with his first issue. I just hope he follows up on all the plots that the previous crew started. I can't give this book enough praise and can only hope that it is around for many more years to come!!

Yeah. It's pretty seamless but I just dont like the cover art for the new creative team. I wish it flowed with the earlier issues more.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 283 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:15 pm

I'm gonna check out the hardcovers of this sometime soon. I really like Matt Fraction.
SHABBA!

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:15 pm

jza1218 wrote:Yeah. It's pretty seamless but I just dont like the cover art for the new creative team. I wish it flowed with the earlier issues more.

Yeah I really enjoyed the style of the covers before issue 17, I wish they were still doing that. The one thing that bothered me was Danny going back to the old 70's looking Iron Fist costume. I liked the different versions that Aja was using during his run, they all looked awesome!

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 pm

I liked Iron Fist #1, but that's as far as I got. I'm going to check out Iron Fist someday

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:21 pm

Spider-Troy wrote:Yeah I really enjoyed the style of the covers before issue 17, I wish they were still doing that. The one thing that bothered me was Danny going back to the old 70's looking Iron Fist costume. I liked the different versions that Aja was using during his run, they all looked awesome!

Yeah, the new cover just looks so awkward in comparison. Nothing about it stands out from the crowd

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:23 pm

jza1218 wrote:Yeah, the new cover just looks so awkward in comparison. Nothing about it stands out from the crowd

Yep just standard hero on the cover cover, not bad looking but nothing special. The other covers had a very unique look to them.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:02 am

I can't believe they changed it, even for the Orson Randall one-shot. Meh I say!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:01 am

personally, my biggest problem is with the new interior art. i liked the flashback sequences by Heath a lot, but i'm pretty sure i will NEVER be a fan of Travel Foreman's artwork.

but despite that, yes...this has IMO absolutely been Marvel's very best book for the last year and a half.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 544 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:39 am

Its pure fun.

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Daniel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:13 pm

I bought the first few issues, enjoyed them, and stopped cause I stopped buying comics, but I'd love a big collection of the 17 issues, annual, and one-shot.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Daniel wrote:I bought the first few issues, enjoyed them, and stopped cause I stopped buying comics, but I'd love a big collection of the 17 issues, annual, and one-shot.

1-16, the Annual and One Shot were by Bru/Fraction. 17 was the first issue by the new creative team. Other than a drastic change in art styles it really doesn't skip a beat from one team to the other. I have a feeling this book is only gonna get better and better! :-D

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Daniel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:12 pm

Spider-Troy wrote:1-16, the Annual and One Shot were by Bru/Fraction. 17 was the first issue by the new creative team. Other than a drastic change in art styles it really doesn't skip a beat from one team to the other. I have a feeling this book is only gonna get better and better! :-D

Oops, meant 1-16.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Spider-Troy wrote:1-16, the Annual and One Shot were by Bru/Fraction. 17 was the first issue by the new creative team. Other than a drastic change in art styles it really doesn't skip a beat from one team to the other. I have a feeling this book is only gonna get better and better! :-D

I need to catch up

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:13 pm

Mr. Batman wrote:I need to catch up

Indeed you do!

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand