Thursday, October 19, 2017 • Afternoon Edition • "Assholes welcome."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Legacy of Wolverine Weapon X special (spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:26 pm

Spoilers in next post since this seems like a big one.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Did they really just undo his death so fast? :lol:

Long story short, the unnamed, masked protagonist who rescued all the Weapon X test subjects from Slayback (obscure 90's Deadpool Nicieza/Liefeld villain) and left the Wolverine statue in the rubble takes off his mask and we see he's an amnesiac who happens to look exactly like Logan....I also think this was the same guy in the mask from the Charles Soule special meaning Wolverine assembled the team? :lol:

At least they didn't milk it for what its worth.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Fuck, gotta update the site.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:37 pm

I think I messed up the titles.

Death of Wolverine - Logan Legacy
Death of Wolverine - The Weapon X Program

Just skimming through reddit now to confirm it's the same guy in both books.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:44 pm

And yeah it's a safe bet he organized the Wolverines. I think the black guy in that book was one of the rescued Weapon X guys...different mask but it's a pretty logical assumption IMO

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Obviously he's the Cyborg Wolverine and Cyber in disguise.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:47 pm

The hair literally changes color and style from one page to the other.

That was either the worst misdirection or they pulled another SpOck and placed Wolverines consciousness in that body. Given he has WW1 flashbacks though it seems to confirm it's him.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:54 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:The hair literally changes color and style from one page to the other.

That was either the worst misdirection or they pulled another SpOck and placed Wolverines consciousness in that body. Given he has WW1 flashbacks though it seems to confirm it's him.

HEY! The original SUPERIOR was Hank Henshaw, not Spock!!! :P

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:39 am

:lol: not surprising at all.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:23 am

It's a clone or something equally stupid. They'll drag this along for a while, making you think it's really him, and then POOF, it's a Skrull or a robot or some dumb shit.

Then it will turn out the masked man who killed the fake Wolverine is the real Wolverine, because comic books.

Rob Thompson

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Rob Thompson » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:50 am

The story itself will not be the most discouraging thing in all this; that people buy, read and/or discuss the story will be.

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:43 am

Age of Ultron Wolverine!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:52 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Fuck, gotta update the site.

:lol:

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:53 am

fieldy snuts wrote:The hair literally changes color and style from one page to the other.

Is the dumb Wolverine ripoff from Wolverine Origins still around?

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:00 pm

It looks like the guy taking off the mask is looking into a mirror in the above picture, I haven't read the issue in question so thats all I can go on. It's probably is Wolverine because I knew the way it ended that Logan wouldn't be gone for very long.

leave a comment with facebook