Advertisement

The New Review Group Week #2! - THE INFINITE #4

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post

Re: The New Review Group Week #2! - THE INFINITE #4

Postby Starlord » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:04 am

So I have it. It is sitting there on my nightstand, but every time I go to touch it it burns my fingers...

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:59 am

Read the first three issues last night in preparation. This is some of Rob's best work in years.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:34 pm

This last week, I wasted 6 hours watching movies I'd already seen. I wasted approximately 20 minutes on the toilet reading, even after I was done crapping. I wasted 45 minutes in traffic. I wasted 1 minute posting in a Nacireman thread.

None of that was a bigger waste of time than the 5 minutes it took me to read this comic.

It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't believe Kirkman wrote this issue. I think Liefeld did and they just agreed to put Kirkman's name in the title for more readers. It doesn't "read" like a Kirkman comic but it does "read" like a Liefeld one.

Terrible story. The one surprise was that I didn't think Liefeld's are was as bad as usual.

Story: 1
Art: 3
Overall: 2
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 am

I'll be skipping this week. Reason: standards.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:25 am

The Infinite #4

I am a big fan of Kirkman and not a big fan of the artist. So I was wondering who was going to win me on this book. Could a writer I totally respect make me enjoy a comic that that visually could make my eyes bleed or would one of comics worst artists (for me personally the absolute worst) in the history of comic books pull it down to the point that the story didn't matter?

The answer is not good. Not only did the art in this book reek of those 90's days when everything was huge, unreal, and stupid looking, but the dialogue, instead of raising the book up, seemed to want to play in the gutter of the art, making it the stupidest book I've read in ages.

I'm honestly not even sure that Kirkman really wrote this. I've read pretty much everything the man has written in comics and there was not one panel that even sounded like him. It as the most amaturish, incompetant, and immature comic I have read in years. It reads exactly like it looks and yes I am putting the entire blame on the one man who should have never been allowed to be in the industry in the first place - Rob Liefeld.

This book sucks. I mean SUCKS!

Art: 1 (and I am being SO generous here)
My Score: 1

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:57 pm

I think I broke the group. :| :outhouse:

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Starlord wrote:I think I broke the group. :| :outhouse:

No, it's just that most of us seem to have been wise enough to avoid this issue. :P

Thank you Troy for the sig

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Starlord wrote:I think I broke the group. :| :outhouse:

No, you just pronounced it dead. It was dead already.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Starlord wrote:The Infinite #4

I am a big fan of Kirkman and not a big fan of the artist. So I was wondering who was going to win me on this book. Could a writer I totally respect make me enjoy a comic that that visually could make my eyes bleed or would one of comics worst artists (for me personally the absolute worst) in the history of comic books pull it down to the point that the story didn't matter?

The answer is not good. Not only did the art in this book reek of those 90's days when everything was huge, unreal, and stupid looking, but the dialogue, instead of raising the book up, seemed to want to play in the gutter of the art, making it the stupidest book I've read in ages.

I'm honestly not even sure that Kirkman really wrote this. I've read pretty much everything the man has written in comics and there was not one panel that even sounded like him. It as the most amaturish, incompetant, and immature comic I have read in years. It reads exactly like it looks and yes I am putting the entire blame on the one man who should have never been allowed to be in the industry in the first place - Rob Liefeld.

This book sucks. I mean SUCKS!

Art: 1 (and I am being SO generous here)
My Score: 1

I read issue 1 cause I bought a store variant for my brother. I read it and was definitely thinking did Kirkman write this or did Liefeld skin him and put the skin on and pretend to be him.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:03 am

I wish I could give this book the trolling review I wanted to complete with undeserved high score but I can't, not because the review group deserves better but because I couldn't even finish this fucking comic. I got to the American Gladiators training session and just gave up there was talk of time travel I think but really just fucking bad.

doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:22 am

So my shop finally got this issue in so I could read it. Amazing comic. Liefeld has always been a fantastic artist with a unique style, something sorely lacking in most comical today. What really made this great though was that he and kirkman have completely captured the spirit of rob's early work on new mutants and x-force with this title.reading this book brings meright back to 1990, and it's a fun ride. I know most of you have lost the parts of your soul that allowed you to enjoy comics, and you only read them now as part of some haterific self punishment ritual, but this book reminded me of why I love comic books. Bowen has finally assembled his team, the stage is set, and I can't wait to see where this goes now. Is this book an ongoing or a mini? I would love to read about this world for 100 issues.

One last note, it's been hard in recent years, Imo, for rob to find a colorist that does his work justice. It just doesn't look right with a lot of modern coloring techniques. In this case though, the colors fit perfectly and enhance the art. Beautiful to behold.

Story 10/10
Art 10/10
awesomeness 10/10
better than you 10/10
boom headshot 10/10
Made grumpy old men and Jews yell at their liefeld comics 10/10
Overall 10/10
Overall 10/10
Overall 10/10
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:16 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:So my shop finally got this issue in so I could read it. Amazing comic. Liefeld has always been a fantastic artist with a unique style, something sorely lacking in most comical today. What really made this great though was that he and kirkman have completely captured the spirit of rob's early work on new mutants and x-force with this title.reading this book brings meright back to 1990, and it's a fun ride. I know most of you have lost the parts of your soul that allowed you to enjoy comics, and you only read them now as part of some haterific self punishment ritual, but this book reminded me of why I love comic books. Bowen has finally assembled his team, the stage is set, and I can't wait to see where this goes now. Is this book an ongoing or a mini? I would love to read about this world for 100 issues.

One last note, it's been hard in recent years, Imo, for rob to find a colorist that does his work justice. It just doesn't look right with a lot of modern coloring techniques. In this case though, the colors fit perfectly and enhance the art. Beautiful to behold.

Story 10/10
Art 10/10
awesomeness 10/10
better than you 10/10
boom headshot 10/10
Made grumpy old men and Jews yell at their liefeld comics 10/10
Overall 10/10
Overall 10/10
Overall 10/10

Wow. Just wow. Asking you what a good comic is is like asking a color blind man if I should wear the red tie or the blue one. :smt011

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand