Advertisement

The New52 Reverse Flash Story Begins in "The Flash" #20

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 129 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: The New52 Reverse Flash Story Begins in

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Regulator wrote:
So you want Wally to be a villain just so he'll appear? That pretty much undermines the argument that he's a great character.

Villain? Barry Allen is the true villain for clusterfuck of the New 52 universe.

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: The New52 Reverse Flash Story Begins in "The Flash" #20

Postby bkthomson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:06 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
The fact that I don't know if this is a joke or not is why the old DCU sucked and the Nu52 was the best thing to ever happen to it. :lol:

Really the reverse flash is just an evil flash that had similar powers but this new one we will see.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Regulator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Zechs wrote:Villain? Barry Allen is the true villain for clusterfuck of the New 52 universe.

:smt017 You're so fucking weird.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 625 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:32 pm

bkthomson wrote:Really the reverse flash is just an evil flash that had similar powers

That's a really simplified way of explaining it. The original Reverse Flash or Professor Zoom was a lifelong Flash fan from the future who duplicated the original accident that gave Barry Allen his powers and then time traveled into the past to meet Barry. He went insane when he arrived in the past and discovered that Barry was not everything that he had built him up to be and that he was destined to become one of his heroes greatest rivals, only to die at his hands.

The second Reverse Flash or Zoom was a detective who made a critical mistake in the line of duty that caused his father-in-law to be murdered, his leg to be injured, and his marriage to fall apart. Years later, while assisting Wally West an accident with Gorilla Grodd left him paralyzed from the waist down. He went insane after he asked Wally to allow him to time travel and fix his mistakes, which Wally promptly rejected. Instead of gaining identical powers to the Flash, Zoom was involved in an accident with the Cosmic Treadmill which gave him powers over time rather than speed. Zoom's whole MO became the idea that he wouldforce Wally to become a "Better Hero" by giving Wally real tragedies that Zoom felt that he lacked.
ImageImageImage

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts

Postby GHERU » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Regulator wrote:
:smt017 You're so fucking weird.

its true
whose "fault" was Flashpoint?
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Regulator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:40 pm

GHERU wrote:its true
whose "fault" was Flashpoint?

Editorial, obviously. But it doesn't really matter as Flashpoint was only injected to derail the actual conversation because he can't directly answer what I said.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:45 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
The fact that I don't know if this is a joke or not is why the old DCU sucked and the Nu52 was the best thing to ever happen to it. :lol:

You're an idiot. :p

He was Flash's opposite number, same powers, just evil and his costume's color scheme was inverted from Flash's. he is/was awesome.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Grayson wrote:
That's a really simplified way of explaining it. The original Reverse Flash or Professor Zoom was a lifelong Flash fan from the future who duplicated the original accident that gave Barry Allen his powers and then time traveled into the past to meet Barry. He went insane when he arrived in the past and discovered that Barry was not everything that he had built him up to be and that he was destined to become one of his heroes greatest rivals, only to die at his hands.

The second Reverse Flash or Zoom was a detective who made a critical mistake in the line of duty that caused his father-in-law to be murdered, his leg to be injured, and his marriage to fall apart. Years later, while assisting Wally West an accident with Gorilla Grodd left him paralyzed from the waist down. He went insane after he asked Wally to allow him to time travel and fix his mistakes, which Wally promptly rejected. Instead of gaining identical powers to the Flash, Zoom was involved in an accident with the Cosmic Treadmill which gave him powers over time rather than speed. Zoom's whole MO became the idea that he wouldforce Wally to become a "Better Hero" by giving Wally real tragedies that Zoom felt that he lacked.

Reverse-Flash is awesome.

Zoom is a swampass stain on the pants of comic history

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:52 pm

chap22 wrote:Reverse-Flash is awesome.

I like both of them... :oops:
ImageImageImage

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 543 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Grayson wrote:

Why is he "reverse?"

Also, cosmic treadmill? :lol:

Fucking DC.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:56 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Why is he "reverse?"

chap22 wrote:He was Flash's opposite number, same powers, just evil and his costume's color scheme was inverted from Flash's. he is/was awesome.

8)

Also, cosmic treadmill? :lol:

Even in the 60's, DC didn't want fatties reading their comics. :P
ImageImageImage

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 129 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:57 pm

chap22 wrote:Reverse-Flash is awesome.

If he's so awesome how come Thawne keeps dying? Hunter never died ONCE.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: The New52 Reverse Flash Story Begins in "The Flash" #20

Postby bkthomson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Grayson wrote:

Yes, it was. I mean sure I could go into the great deal you did but Evil flash seems so much easier to type on my phone. :P
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:00 pm

bkthomson wrote:Yes, it was. I mean sure I could go into the great deal you did but Evil flash seems so much easier to type on my phone. :P

Well played, sir.
ImageImageImage

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 543 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:02 pm

chap22 wrote:You're an idiot. :p

He was Flash's opposite number, same powers, just evil and his costume's color scheme was inverted from Flash's. he is/was awesome.

Reverse Flash is a really stupid name for a villain. Is it really based on his costume being the reverse colors of The Flash's? :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand