Advertisement

The Outhouse Congratulates DC Comics on Going 1 Month Without Doing Something Stupid

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

The Outhouse Congratulates DC Comics on Going 1 Month Without Doing Something Stupid

Postby LOLtron » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:30 am

...that we know about.

Source: HDCDSST

Shocked fans around the world watched the Has DC Done Something Stupid Today counter this weekend as the reliable indicator of whether or not DC Comics has done something stupid passed an historic milestone, marking 30 days since the company last did something stupid. Of course, the month saw some close calls, as the company announced plans to move from New York City to Burbank, CA and revealed a new Red Lantern, but both stories, while holding potential for future stupidity, fall in the "too early to tell" category, and, in the interest of fairness, despite their track record, The Outhouse must give DC the benefit of the doubt on these things until they are concretely proven to be stupid. In fact, in some ways, the move to Burbank might even have some positive consequences.

The previous record for DC's time without stupidity was sixteen days, so the new milestone is truly a momentous achievement, and either indicates that the company is turning over a new leaf, or is simply holding all of its stupidity in reserve to be unleashed in a massive dumbpocalypse in the coming weeks.

Whatever the case, The Outhouse would like to congratulate Diane Nelson, Dan Didio, Geoff Johns, Jim Lee, Bob Harras, and their entire editorial staff on not pissing off valuable creators with last minute editorial decisions that drive them off books, offending large swaths of people on an international scale with a Harley Quinn suicide contest, or otherwise mistreating employees, misusing characters, and committing boneheaded publicity snafus that damage the company's brand value for an incredible 31 days. Or, at least, for doing those things quietly so that no one is aware of them yet. It's a big step, and we're proud of them, even if we haven't been able to benefit from the increased website traffic that DC's unbelievable stupidity often brings us.

So, nice job DC. Now hurry up and do something stupid so we can make fun of you again.

Your Pal,
Jude Terror

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Belle Tain-Summer
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 140 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: The Outhouse Congratulates DC Comics on Going 1 Month Without Doing Something Stupid

Postby Belle Tain-Summer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:03 am

I think they'll make it to the New Year before reaching stupidity critical mass this time. They'll be working hard at keeping it in check given the previous splurge, but the boozy Christmas parties and that post new-year's day hangover will make them drop their guard and it'll all spill out.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 494 posts

Re: The Outhouse Congratulates DC Comics on Going 1 Month Wi

Postby HNutz » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:08 am

What if we make this into a game?

Everybody chooses a date and whoever comes closest wins?

(If we do that, I think they'll do something stupid by Thanksgiving/Black Friday)

SporkBot
Post Whore

Liked in: 216 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:02 am

They've gone a month without doing anything conclusively stupid. The pressure is building...

Never did I think that someone/thing NOT doing something stupid could feel like such a double-edged sword.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby misac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:27 am

HNutz wrote:What if we make this into a game?

(If we do that, I think they'll do something stupid by Thanksgiving/Black Friday)

Do solicits come out today? I think there’ll be something dumb in there. :P

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 311 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm guessing Jude has never read any recent "Supergirl" issues. That girl has anger issues. Becoming a Red Lantern makes perfect sense :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby misac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:51 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I'm guessing Jude has never read any recent "Supergirl" issues. That girl has anger issues. Becoming a Red Lantern makes perfect sense :lol:

Oh boy, thank God I dropped it. :P

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 514 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Instead of day 52, can I call dibs on day 42?
-

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 280 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Beat me to it. :-D :-D :-D

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Hmm I call today or tomorrow as the day they do something stupid. They cannot keep hold back the stupid forever.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 659 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I'm guessing Jude has never read any recent "Supergirl" issues. That girl has anger issues. Becoming a Red Lantern makes perfect sense :lol:

People have been calling for it to reset the counter like crazy. We generally won't for something subjective like a storyline, unless it is racist or homophobic or sexist or something like that, and certainly not before the book has even come out. Despite their unprecedented stupidity, even DC comics is innocent until proven guilty.

Josh Epstein
FACEBOOKTron

RE: The Outhouse Congratulates DC Comics on Going 1 Month Without Doing Something Stupid

Postby Josh Epstein » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Sandman Overture #2 delayed until February. Does that count?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 659 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: RE: The Outhouse Congratulates DC Comics on Going 1 Mont

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:07 pm

FBtron wrote:Sandman Overture #2 delayed until February. Does that count?

So far Williams and Gaiman are silent about it, so it could be their issue and not an editorial/management thing.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 311 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Zechs wrote:Hmm I call today or tomorrow as the day they do something stupid. They cannot keep hold back the stupid forever.

Sometimes you just make it way too easy :lol:
Last edited by IvCNuB4 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Josh Epstein
FACEBOOKTron

Postby Josh Epstein » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Jeff Hayes I just think that if they're going to spend a year hyping something, then promote the heck out of the beginning, they might want to release it on time. Otherwise they risk losing anyone who wasn't already waiting for the collection.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand