Friday, May 6, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


The Outhouse Review Group

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:41 am

JL_Amato wrote:I mean it's not a bad system as long as you go to the LCS every week but it really puts a limit on who can participate.
Yeah exactly!

I don't even buy comics on a monthly basis, but what if I want to play? I can't. That's not fair.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:56 am

then we go about it a different way. We can do what we want. We're the Outhouse! The Circle Jerks! lol
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:05 am

I reckon we should review what we want with one member picking a spotlight book for the next week that they think we'd like, but instead of saying 'this is the book, go buy it' they have sell to us why it's so good and why we should part with $2.99 for it.

That way we get a group going, a fun atmosphere, and laid back guidlines (i.e. not kicked out if you don't review something)

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:16 am

I'm for that idea. It makes alot of sense
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:11 am

will there be price restrictions.
As a member of the group on the rama, the only thing that bugs me is when there is a super cool graphic novel or anthology out that everyone should like and ould be fun to review, but they would be like it needs to be a regular single issue type deal.
Like next week Kid Houdini comes out, written by Dwight Macpherson who is a really cool guy and writes these awesome books like Dead Men Tell No Tales which was about Pirates searching for items of supernatural power like the spear of destiny, then he did the Edgar Allen Poo book about Poe's Id dealing with the writer's insane dreamscape, he also helped creat the Archibald books which are awesome. Kid Houdini and the Silver DOllar Misfits is basically about Houdini (as you know a kid) and a bunch of circus freak kids running a detective agency, their fee, a silver dollar. Only catch is they are held captive by the Carni. It is an all ages book that should be a blast, but the $9.99 price tag would make it ineligible for the rama group.
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:29 am

thefourthman wrote:will there be price restrictions.
As a member of the group on the rama, the only thing that bugs me is when there is a super cool graphic novel or anthology out that everyone should like and ould be fun to review, but they would be like it needs to be a regular single issue type deal.
Like next week Kid Houdini comes out, written by Dwight Macpherson who is a really cool guy and writes these awesome books like Dead Men Tell No Tales which was about Pirates searching for items of supernatural power like the spear of destiny, then he did the Edgar Allen Poo book about Poe's Id dealing with the writer's insane dreamscape, he also helped creat the Archibald books which are awesome. Kid Houdini and the Silver DOllar Misfits is basically about Houdini (as you know a kid) and a bunch of circus freak kids running a detective agency, their fee, a silver dollar. Only catch is they are held captive by the Carni. It is an all ages book that should be a blast, but the $9.99 price tag would make it ineligible for the rama group.

The way I'd run it, you'd have to say why it'll be awesome and why people should buy it. There's a show in Britain where inventors have to present their ideas to a panel of well respected businessmen and basically prove to them why their product is a worthy investment. It'd be the same basic idea here, not that I'm running it though
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:40 am

Kid Impulse wrote:The way I'd run it, you'd have to say why it'll be awesome and why people should buy it. There's a show in Britain where inventors have to present their ideas to a panel of well respected businessmen and basically prove to them why their product is a worthy investment. It'd be the same basic idea here, not that I'm running it though

Yeah, we had a show like that here.
Did I not state the case on why Kid Houdini is awesome? :(
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:49 am

thefourthman wrote:Yeah, we had a show like that here.
Did I not state the case on why Kid Houdini is awesome? :(

Yeah, but the review group is only in potentia for now. I assume Reek'll be running it, I dunno, I'm just saying how I'd do things if it were my show.

Kid Houdini sounds fun, but this week I want to get the Mini Marvels digest and the Flash Companion. I'll see what my load's like week after next.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Kid Impulse wrote:I reckon we should review what we want with one member picking a spotlight book for the next week that they think we'd like, but instead of saying 'this is the book, go buy it' they have sell to us why it's so good and why we should part with $2.99 for it.

That way we get a group going, a fun atmosphere, and laid back guidlines (i.e. not kicked out if you don't review something)


We could even do nominations like we do for comic of the week, etc based on the solicits and people could vote on the book we choose, that would make it democratic.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GLX, Stephen Day and 127 guests