Monday, November 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Power Girl Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:15 am

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:26 pm

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:23 pm

:smt011

You tell 'em, sister!

:smt023

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Kara regaining the S shield was the best part of that issue. Pre-reboot Powergirl never was a Supergirl. The new Earth 2 Kara did start out as Supergirl.

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:58 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Kara regaining the S shield was the best part of that issue. Pre-reboot Powergirl never was a Supergirl. The new Earth 2 Kara did start out as Supergirl.

Boobs > Narrative context.

:P

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:23 pm

I like the modified outfit in the Earth 2: Society title but I think they should have left the belt lines yellow.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:33 am

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:10 am

Jesse412 wrote:Image

This one kind of made me want to see Darwyn Cooke write and draw an Elseworlds maxi series about a 50s era JSA that never disbanded and took on PG as Monroe. He did a sketch of her once, and it was this sort of 50s style homage to PG---it just worked.

Interesting to see this thread still alive when PG herself has all but disappeared. And what did Val do to piss her off? And why does he think he can take her after being completely useless against Darkseid while she was pretty effective?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Fuck the boob window. :lol:

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:29 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Fuck the boob window. :lol:

I believe you've just stated many fanboy's fantasies.... :P

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:33 am

Oh, and why the hell is Val ZOD wearing the House of L signet? Should he be wearing the House of Zod's? Also, I noticed that Krypton 2 seemed at once a whole lot nastier than the main Krypton, and a whole lot nicer. Nastier in the it seemed that both Val's and Kara's parents were executed for some unknown offense. Nicer in that some adults took the time to stuff random kids in escape pods, (only Val and Kara are shown, but....).

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:02 am

Val's parents were executed for speaking out against The Council. He was then taken in by Jor-El and Lara hence why he was wearing the El signet. When Krypton began it's final moments, Jor-El and Lara grabbed the four nearest children (Kal, Kara, Val and one other never shown) and placed them in the experimental escape pods.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:27 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Val's parents were executed for speaking out against The Council. He was then taken in by Jor-El and Lara hence why he was wearing the El signet. When Krypton began it's final moments, Jor-El and Lara grabbed the four nearest children (Kal, Kara, Val and one other never shown) and placed them in the experimental escape pods.

I couldn't comment on Val's parents, AFAIK, there was no reason given, but you could be right, it was a while ago. The adult Kryptonians AFAIK were never identified, and might simply have been random teachers trying to save what they could.

But what about Kara's parent's? It's implied if not outright stated, (again, a long time ago), that they was also executed. And Krypton 2 was worse than I though if you could be executed for simply speaking you mind.

Also, again why does Kara hate Val? And why does Mr. Pacifist/punching bad for Darkseid thing he can take PG--with years of training by Kal-l, and one of the better showings against Darkseid solo in the nu52? And what's with Val wearing the "S" when he's clearly a Zod, not an L?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:04 am

According to Earth 2 #25-27, Kara's parents or where they were was never mentioned. I would guess they were dead by that point but it's never stated how or when they died.
Earth 2 #25

Earth 2 #26, page 9

In Worlds' Finest #27, page 14, Jor-El instructs Lara (who is holding Kal): "Get the other children Lara .. get Kara, Val -- whoever you can."
In Earth 2 #27, page 19 you see two unnamed Kryptonian men (wearing red and green outfits but not the El signet) loading the kids into the pods. Maybe those were scientists that worked for Jor-El? :smt102

It hasn't been explained yet in the new Earth 2: Society title why Kara is mad at Val.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:25 am

Man, I thought Nu52 was supposed to clear up a lot of storylines...

leave a comment with facebook