Sunday, December 9, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Exclusive! Exclusive! Hggulghhlgghhlghhlghh!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Power Girl Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:53 am

Spoiler --
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Krypton exploded. Kara's parents are now even more deader.

Happy now, Schlemmer ? :lol: :P

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:55 am

You know they're going to retcon that....

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:42 am

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:20 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:According to Earth 2 #25-27, Kara's parents or where they were was never mentioned. I would guess they were dead by that point but it's never stated how or when they died.
Earth 2 #25

Earth 2 #26, page 9

In Worlds' Finest #27, page 14, Jor-El instructs Lara (who is holding Kal): "Get the other children Lara .. get Kara, Val -- whoever you can."
In Earth 2 #27, page 19 you see two unnamed Kryptonian men (wearing red and green outfits but not the El signet) loading the kids into the pods. Maybe those were scientists that worked for Jor-El? :smt102

It hasn't been explained yet in the new Earth 2: Society title why Kara is mad at Val.

Ah, thank you very much! Due to certain...difficulties, I have trouble following comics month to month, and this was one I very much wanted to. I'll see if I can get those issues, though my LCS looks to be in trouble...

Again, thanks! 8)

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:23 am

achilles wrote:Again, thanks! 8)

Here's another thing you'll be thankful for: Go to page 3 of the "Devil Is White" thread.
You'll know it when you see it. :wink:

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:18 pm

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:11 pm

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Kind of sad, since DC is essentially writing Power Girl out of existence in favor of Supergirl. Evidently they don't think the two can exist together, though there are multiple Flashes, GLs, Superman and Superboy, several versions of Superman....

She's probably the most major DC character who hasn't had a significant role in either a live action TV show, upcoming movie, or animated show, (her minor role in Public Enemies doesn't count). She'd be a natural to play off Supergirl on her TV show as an older, more experienced, snarkier version of SG from another universe. Or on The Flash or Arrow as a deus ex machina who accidentally causes more problems than she solves. Or as the person from the vacant pod in MoS in some future movie. But that's never going to happen. She'll probably never even get her own comic back, or appear in any future JSA.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Last week's Earth 2: Society #9

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:18 pm

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:53 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Last week's Earth 2: Society #9

While I do like the newish costume with the "S", she's still only in one book, depowered, and with no prospects for another title or appearances in any live action TV show, animated TV show or DVD, or movie. Take for example that DC girls thing. Just about every female hero, including some of the more minor ones, but no PG.

If DC is SO worried about people getting confused about her and SG, just change PG's origin slightly, making her the older sister of Kal, who was locked in stasis for many years, rather than his cousin from another universe.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:45 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Image

my first thought was 'this is really a cool pic'

then I realized it was Steve Rude, and I thought 'of course!'

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:53 am

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:08 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Image

I know I'll catch heat for this, but what they could have done was make the yellow in the S skin, that way still appease the boob window purists

leave a comment with facebook