Advertisement

The Punisher #5 (Army is for wimps Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

The Punisher #5 (Army is for wimps Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:21 am

I think this was my favourite issue of this run so far. Taking a break from the action and jumping forward 100, Greg Rucka shines a light on all the different sides of his story, and it mostly works really well. We see the Punisher slowly healing (and I like that it is slowly, most characters in comics heal way too quickly even the ones who don’t have healing factors) and interacting with a little kid. I liked how that kid saw right to the heart of Frank, and made him question whether or not he really is a soldier. We see the two cops who are on the case, and get an insight into their home lives, and then catch up with Rachel Alves and her burgeoning friendship with Spider-Man’s Pal Norah Winters. I also really like how Rucka is setting up his villains, we get a little more detail on them here, and it seems like they’re made up of former super-villains and members of super-criminal organisations who got tired of being punched in the face by Captain America and went into a different type of crime. It’s an interesting set-up, and one that will pose a challenge to Frank for sure.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand