Advertisement

The Return of Nexus

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post

The Return of Nexus

Postby LOLtron » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:14 pm

The Return of NexusDark Horse Comics announces the return of Nexus in Dark Horse Presents #12

The fan-favorite title returns with its team of creators, Mike Baron (The Badger) and Steve Rude (The Moth), in their respective positions of writer and artist! Baron and Rude created Nexus in 1981 and have been continuing their canonical tale for thirty years. The Eisner Award winners will craft a brand-new three-part story for readers eager to quench their thirst for what's next to come in the Nexusverse.

"The new stories crush anvils," says Mike Baron.

"Nexus has never been a stranger to different publishers. Last seen under the Rude Dude banner in 2009, Nexus has stayed in limbo, never quite knowing when to return, or if he ever would return. Things come together in strange ways. With the backing of Mike Richardson of Dark Horse Comics, Nexus will return to comics," Steve Rude said. "We especially look forward to the response of Nexus's devoted fans, and thank them for the wonderful support and encouragement they've given us since the book's debut in 1981!"

Dark Horse Presents #12 is on sale May 2012.

The Return of Nexus

About Dark Horse Comics

Since 1986, Dark Horse Comics has proven to be a solid example of how integrity and innovation can help broaden a unique storytelling medium and establish a small, homegrown company as an industry giant. The company is known for the progressive and creator-friendly atmosphere it provides for writers and artists.  In addition to publishing comics from top talent like Frank Miller, Mike Mignola, Neil Gaiman, Gerard Way, Will Eisner, and best-selling prose author Janet Evanovich, Dark Horse has developed such successful characters as the Mask, Timecop, and the Occultist. Additionally, its highly successful line of comics and products based on popular properties includes Star Wars, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aliens, Conan the Barbarian, Mass Effect, Serenity, and Domo. Today, Dark Horse Comics is the largest independent comic-book publisher in the United States and is recognized as both an innovator in the cause of creator rights and the comics industry's leading publisher of licensed material.

Source: Press Release
Written or Contributed by: Jude Terror

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/news/comics-news/17739-the-return-of-nexus.html/
Last edited by LOLtron on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JFusion Discussion Bot UPDATE

Advertisement

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Leader of The Society

Re: The Return of Nexus

Postby GLX » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Glad to see Steve back in the industry.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Sweet! With the return of Valiant, my pull list should be a lot fuller, along with this. I just wish DH would bring back Comic's Greatest World.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:52 pm

GLX wrote:Glad to see Steve back in the industry.

He's a true talent that I've missed greatly. Love Nexus. Love Baron & Rude. Very eager to see where this ends up.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Did anyone ever any hear further details of the assault charges filed against Steve Rude on Halloween by his neighbors earlier this year?

Apparently he flipped out because his neighbors' dogs were barking and threw rocks at their fence and then assaulted his neighbor when they confronted him, tearing his clothes and shoving him around.

It's pretty fucking typical for dogs to bark on a night like that when there's so much going on, not that throwing rocks at them is going to cause them to settle down, either. And there are definitely better ways to handle a situation like that with your neighbors.

I used to like Nexus and respect the man, but fuck him and his comic book too. I hope it's cancelled.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Squid, you shameless dog lover.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Squid, you shameless dog lover.

"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends." --Alexander Pope

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:48 pm

:lol:

I'm a cat person, but I'll still wish you a merry Christmas.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Eli Katz wrote::lol:

I'm a cat person, but I'll still wish you a merry Christmas.

Careful, lest you end up with a 40-something anime fan indefinitely crashing on your couch and raiding your refrigerator!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand