Advertisement

The Review Group Poll 08-05-09

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Which Book Should we run the rake over?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Absolution #1
9%
Doom Patrol #1
48%
Chew #3
9%
Red Circle Presents The Hangman #1
13%
Luke Cage Noir #1
17%
Other (please specify)
4%

Total votes : 23

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Damn, what a turd of a week... after seeing Tyrese's act at Comic-Con I want no part of that book, I have really liked Chew but hate for those not reading review a mid arc book... uhhhh War of Kings #6? (c'mon 4thy!:-D)

I reluctantly choose Doom Patrol I guess.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:51 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Damn, what a turd of a week... after seeing Tyrese's act at Comic-Con I want no part of that book, I have really liked Chew but hate for tjose not reading review a mid arc book... uhhhh War of Kings #6? (c'mon 4thy!:-D)

there's an other option, if you choose to waste your vote on Tyrese or Annihilation Part Three: Cosmic Boogaloo, then that is your right.
Last edited by thefourthman on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:51 pm

thefourthman wrote:Annihilation sucked

:smt021

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:52 pm

amlah6 wrote::smt021

You kids and your electric Kool-Aide don't impress me.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:53 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Damn, what a turd of a week... after seeing Tyrese's act at Comic-Con I want no part of that book, I have really liked Chew but hate for those not reading review a mid arc book... uhhhh War of Kings #6? (c'mon 4thy!:-D)

Cool! Don't change it!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:56 pm

thefourthman wrote:Annihilation sucked and the only thing worse then Annihilation was Annihilation Part Two: Second Verse Same as the First.
I did enjoy that Drax mini though, so there was one book in the last five years that I enjoyed.

You are really going to have to explain your logic on this one as all the cosmic marvel stuff has been the strongest stuff marvel's been publishing under 1 team with the exception of Giffen who started things.

Seriously man....wtf?!

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:57 pm

thefourthman wrote:JLI is awesome and I love GIffen's old stuff, big Trencher fan here, but his recent stuff Blue Beetle, Ambush Bug, Tag, etc... has been less then stellar.

He wrote Blue Beetle?

Oh, and Doom Patrol is good for the back up too. I love their JLI stuff so far

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:58 pm

doombug wrote:You are really going to have to explain your logic on this one as all the cosmic marvel stuff has been the strongest stuff marvel's been publishing under 1 team with the exception of Giffen who started things.

Seriously man....wtf?!

It's boring, I don't know who any of the characters are, nor do I care, DNA can't write dialogue to save their lives (I mean they made me hate a talking raccoon, that shouldn't even be possible), it is old recycled stories, sometimes not even old recycled stories, and worst of all, all the meaningless pompous first grade philosophy. Ekkk.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:59 pm

thefourthman wrote:Annihilation sucked and the only thing worse then Annihilation was Annihilation Part Two: Second Verse Same as the First.
I did enjoy that Drax mini though, so there was one book in the last five years that I enjoyed.

I didn't even realize he wrote Annihilation

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:03 pm

thefourthman wrote:there's an other option, if you choose to waste your vote on Tyrese or Annihilation Part Three: Cosmic Heroes Don't Surf, then that is your right.

I am still baffled that you don't like the Cosmic stuff, the art is top notch (Pelletier has become one of my favorite artists in all comicdom), the story is epic, and the cast is fantastic (Rocket Raccoon, nuff' said!)

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:08 pm

thefourthman wrote:It's boring, I don't know who any of the characters are, nor do I care, DNA can't write dialogue to save their lives (I mean they made me hate a talking raccoon, that shouldn't even be possible), it is old recycled stories, sometimes not even old recycled stories, and worst of all, all the meaningless pompous first grade philosophy. Ekkk.

So funny story: I could give two shits about cosmic marvel a few years ago and then people kept telling me I should read annihilation.

I did, suddenly I found myself loving guys like Nova and Drax and caring about all this crazy cosmic stuff. Guardians of the galaxy is certainly a favorite book of mine. Like I said it really is some of the strongest stuff in the marvel u.

I find it odd as you are in the minority critically and fan wise on this one lee, I've never seen that happen with you. But I'll respectfully disagree with your opinion. Unlike slamburger your a fellow reviewer/journalist who is intelligent and never looking to just bitch about things.

just weird for me to read cosmic marvel hate.

Do you at least love REBELS over at DC?

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:08 pm

thefourthman wrote:there's an other option, if you choose to waste your vote on Tyrese or Annihilation Part Three: Cosmic Boogaloo, then that is your right.

But I already have Mayhem. Guaranteed review :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Rocket Raccoon is awesome

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:I didn't even realize he wrote Annihilation

The first one, 2 of the lead in mini's and the pre curser mini to guardians before conquest.

DnA have basically taken over as the full creative force of the cosmic marvel landscape.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:11 pm

doombug wrote:The first one, 2 of the lead in mini's and the pre curser mini to guardians before conquest.

DnA have basically taken over as the full creative force of the cosmic marvel landscape.

Yeah, I looked it up

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand