Wednesday, September 19, 2018 • Morning Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Sentry Is Coming Back For Marvel's Fresh Start

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:Bendis quote on why he used the Sentry, the Hood, and Echo in the Avengers.

https://www.cbr.com/bendis-looks-back-on-his-term-as-the-avengers-assemblyman/

“I’m a big fan of some of these newer creations that somehow just go back on the shelf the minute their creators are done with them,” Bendis explained. “It’s funny how any of Stan Lee, Jack Kirby or Steve Ditko’s creations, people were like, ‘Yeah. No problem let’s go crazy.’ Newer characters like the Hood, Echo and the Sentry are all what I would consider to be A+ characters, and they just don’t get the shelf life that these other characters do because no one else picks them up.

“I remember calling Paul Jenkins up and asking him if I can put the Sentry on the Avengers, and he was like, ‘Would you, please? I’ve wanted people to use the character for years.’ I asked Brian K Vaughan if I could use the Hood, and he said, ‘Yes, please!’ David Mack was like, ‘Please put Echo in! That would be awesome.’ They were flattered and kind of bummed out that no one had done that before.”

And it would have been just fine if it had been executed better.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:12 pm

Amoebas wrote:I don't have the disdain most of you have for the character.

But then I my self-imposed exile from almost anything Marvel since Avengers Disassembled, means I haven't read anything he's been in.

Personally when I'm shopping for a discount superman in another company I always go Hyperion, or better yet maybe something more creative like Gladiator. Sentry is essentialy this:

He also has a split personality that is his main villain. So, basically a muderer.

oogy

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby oogy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:07 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:Image

"Thundering across the plains, the plains, the dark and powerful figure of Superman leads the charge against outlaws in untamed and lawless territoritorities! He rides in on a fierce black stallion and brings justice with a quick slash of the sword or crack of the whip. Bandits, beware... dark rider Superman is hot on your trail!"

:lol:

Territoritorites?!?

Also, is Superman really Zorro?

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Personally when I'm shopping for a discount superman in another company I always go Hyperion, or better yet maybe something more creative like Gladiator. Sentry is essentialy this:

He also has a split personality that is his main villain. So, basically a muderer.

Samaritan is my personal favorite.

FuzzyBarbarian

A Quagmire

Postby FuzzyBarbarian » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:16 am

Um... who was asking for this?

And seriously, who cares about the Sentry anymore? Even when Rick Remender brought him back in Uncanny Avengers, I just didn't care.

leave a comment with facebook