Friday, December 15, 2017 • Morning Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Toy Shed Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:00 am

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:56 am

Toys R Us store closings expected after the holiday season
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/na ... 683762001/

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:52 pm

Toymakers say there is ‘widespread panic’ following Toys R Us bankruptcy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/bus ... ankruptcy/

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:14 pm

"The Toy Box" returns tonight (followed by the superior "Shark Tank").

Last season, the winner of The Toy Box had their product created by Mattell and carried by Toys R Us.

(Actually, they chose 3 products)

Not sure if/how recent Toys R Us news will affect The Toy Box.

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:16 am

HNutz wrote:"The Toy Box" returns tonight (followed by the superior "Shark Tank").

Last season, the winner of The Toy Box had their product created by Mattell and carried by Toys R Us.

(Actually, they chose 3 products)

Not sure if/how recent Toys R Us news will affect The Toy Box.

I'm not sure either but the Toys R Us bankruptcy has caused quite a few customers to panic and people are rushing into stores to pick up their lay-by afraid their nearest store might be closed in the not so distant future. Its also hard to believe that TRU has amassed such a crippling debt to the tune of $5 billion dollars. That's an awful lot of money and apparently some toy manufacturers are refusing to deliver any new toys to certain stores because they have poor credit and want their money up front. I don't blame them (the manufacturers) but it will have a knock on effect that is yet to play out and will likely just worsen the situation.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:36 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Weird my friend and I were talking about this line of toys just the other week (he used to collect them)

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:15 am

Hasbro Unveils New 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Toys at New York Comic Con
http://fortune.com/2017/10/06/hasbro-st ... comic-con/

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:15 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:38 pm

Not a toy… but sort of model/hobby/craft… Just impressed by it.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:29 pm

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:44 am

New from Hasbro/Disney is this Star Wars Forces of Destiny Princess Leia Organa and R2-D2 2pack. First up the basics - Princess Leia is 11 inches tall and comes with rooted hair (tied with plastic ties), a fabric jacket (which is removable) and bonus blaster accessory (which is plastic, like the rest of the figure). While its nice to see Fisher's look from Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back which is rarely done when it comes to figures (unlike say Darth Vader or Han Solo) what lets the figure down a lot is the face as well as the hair which for whatever reason, Hasbro just couldn't get it looking right. What saves the two pack is R2-D2 who is about 4 and a half inches tall. The droid looks stunning at first glance and the sculpt is excellent but the paintwork is around average with splashes of paint evident and other areas on the droid which are only half-painted which spoils the overall look.

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:37 am

Though the movie may or may not be good, one thing I have been enjoying is the merchandising aspect for Warner Bros Justice League movie. I was able to get a promotional poster for the movie and I have been buying the 6-inch Mattel figures and 12-inch figures (also by Mattel.) Overall I think the 12-inch figures (not seen in the picture) are much better than the 6-inch versions mostly due to the improved sculpt and also the paintwork (which is average at best on the 6-inch figures.) There are lots of other things I still want to buy like the Justice League Movie Uno card pack and puzzle books/coloring books as well as some of the DC Multiverse action figures for the film. I also want to collect some of the Hot Wheels Justice League movie vehicles.

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:29 pm

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Tonight's Toy Box finale came down to a hovercraft vs the "Water Dodger"
(a shield and spongey ball set)

And the winner is...Water Dodger

It was VERY close, though. All of the kid judges narrowed it down to the top two toys and it won by a vote of 6 to 4.

But they took 3 of last season's toys and made them, so we might see both of them get made (here's hoping!) AND Ninja Cards (a set of throwing cards).

leave a comment with facebook