Saturday, June 23, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Shit happens here."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Toy Shed Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:34 am

New DC Merchandise

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 am

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 am

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:48 am

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:55 am

New Star Wars merchandise

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:51 am

Death by a thousand cuts see Toys R Us in sharp decline

Bankrupt Toys ‘R’ Us Weighs Closing at Least 100 Stores

Sales have declined about 15 percent during this Christmas/Holiday Season and the number of stores to close, could reach 200 but no decision has been made.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... 100-stores

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Part of the problem is ToysRUs filing for bankruptcy but its also Disney over-saturating retail stores with too much Star Wars product. There is a backlash among fans, even diehards, with so much inferior/over-expensive merchandise on the racks.

Star Wars 'Last Jedi' Toy Shipments Down Sharply From 'Force Awakens'

That’s down 47 percent from the seven months leading to Rogue One in 2016 and off 56  percent from the same time period ahead of The Force Awakens in 2015.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ns-1069479

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:04 am

‘Star Wars' Toy Sales Fall in 2017 as Movie-Tie Fatigue Sets In

Call it “Star Wars” burnout, or better yet “movie fatigue,” said Gerrick Johnson, an analyst for BMO Capital Markets. “There are so many screens now; kids aren’t just at the movies,” Johnson said. “A movie doesn’t have the same resonance it used to.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ue-sets-in

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:21 am

zryson wrote:Part of the problem is ToysRUs filing for bankruptcy but its also Disney over-saturating retail stores with too much Star Wars product. There is a backlash among fans, even diehards, with so much inferior/over-expensive merchandise on the racks.

Star Wars 'Last Jedi' Toy Shipments Down Sharply From 'Force Awakens'

That’s down 47 percent from the seven months leading to Rogue One in 2016 and off 56  percent from the same time period ahead of The Force Awakens in 2015.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ns-1069479

Part of it is the lack of good product. Tilda Swinton Snokes, droids that didn't do much in the movie, Porgs, etc

And part of it's the fact that this was the most divisive Star Wars movie in history.

Between the two, I'm not surprised that they're not selling much.

And I don't see Young Han Solo turning things around.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 am

HNutz wrote:
Part of it is the lack of good product. Tilda Swinton Snokes, droids that didn't do much in the movie, Porgs, etc

And part of it's the fact that this was the most divisive Star Wars movie in history.

Between the two, I'm not surprised that they're not selling much.

And I don't see Young Han Solo turning things around.

I love Star Wars but I sure didn't love Star Wars The Last Jedi. At this point, I'm struggling to give it an average rating because it felt well, uninspired and sloppy and the director (Johnson) who both wrote and directed the movie seemed like he was reaching into a Star Wars grab bag and throwing elements at the screen to see what would stick. As for The Last Jedi its divided the fanbase sharply and even Rogue One was a bigger hit in China and as the numbers show, its had a major effect upon the sales of Star Wars merchandise. Simply put, Star Wars is too big at this point, Disney has taken what was a special property and just saturated it to the max and the public is pushing back at that saturation. Normally I buy a fair bit of merchandise for Star Wars movies but I have purchased only a few things this time around (an official guide, some stickers, etc) and I don't see Solo turning things around either. If anything, if reports are true, its going to make that Star Wars hole so much bigger that Disney will spend the coming year trying to dig themselves out of it.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 am

zryson wrote:
I love Star Wars but I sure didn't love Star Wars The Last Jedi. At this point, I'm struggling to give it an average rating because it felt well, uninspired and sloppy and the director (Johnson) who both wrote and directed the movie seemed like he was reaching into a Star Wars grab bag and throwing elements at the screen to see what would stick. As for The Last Jedi its divided the fanbase sharply and even Rogue One was a bigger hit in China and as the numbers show, its had a major effect upon the sales of Star Wars merchandise. Simply put, Star Wars is too big at this point, Disney has taken what was a special property and just saturated it to the max and the public is pushing back at that saturation. Normally I buy a fair bit of merchandise for Star Wars movies but I have purchased only a few things this time around (an official guide, some stickers, etc) and I don't see Solo turning things around either. If anything, if reports are true, its going to make that Star Wars hole so much bigger that Disney will spend the coming year trying to dig themselves out of it.

In their haste to cash in on their Star Wars purchase by putting out a movie every year, they'll lost sight of the fact that the movies have to be good. They don't seem to know how to make a good SW movie, and they're busy squandering all the goodwill that Star Wars still generates, in spite of the prequels, (which by the way don't actually exist, they're just a vicious rumor started by people who hate fun). They may not be able to get all that goodwill back.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:36 pm

achilles wrote:
In their haste to cash in on their Star Wars purchase by putting out a movie every year, they'll lost sight of the fact that the movies have to be good. They don't seem to know how to make a good SW movie, and they're busy squandering all the goodwill that Star Wars still generates, in spite of the prequels, (which by the way don't actually exist, they're just a vicious rumor started by people who hate fun). They may not be able to get all that goodwill back.

Disney is pushing out Star Wars movies at such a rapid clip that the quality factor is suffering. Did they learn nothing from Warner Bros? More does not equate for a better product .

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:02 am

ChristianDenton

Faster Pussycat

Postby ChristianDenton » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:40 am

zryson wrote:Disney is pushing out Star Wars movies at such a rapid clip that the quality factor is suffering. Did they learn nothing from Warner Bros? More does not equate for a better product .

They only care about money.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:51 pm

Hasbro Reveals New Marvel Ant-Man and the Wasp Collectibles

leave a comment with facebook