Advertisement

The Ultimates #16 (America is my White House Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

The Ultimates #16 (America is my White House Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:31 am

God help me, I think I may be the only person in the world who legitimately loves Sam Humphries’ Ultimates. This issue was AWESOME. Yes, Cap as President is pretty dumb when you think about it, but this issue doesn’t let you stop to think about it, and instead just goes whole hog with President Cap going around kicking a humongous amount of butt and basically fixing everything that’s gone wrong with America. Captain America’s inauguration speech was just a brilliant moment, the kind of thing you can only get in comics, and only really get in the Marvel Universe. It was also immensely satisfying to see all of the petty characters who have been messing with The Ultimates for the last 6 months get what’s coming to them, so Director Flumm getting a beatdown, or that Senator being threatened by Hawkeye. Humphries is not letting President Cap get bogged down in policy, and is treating it like the big idea that it is, this is an all-action President and it’s fun to see. Heck, if I was American I’d vote for Steve Rogers! So yeah, this comic is not subtle, but it is fun, and with the ending, which reveals that the mysterious Morez is, like many guessed, Thor’s son Modi, it looks like there’s even more action to come, and the seemingly random events that have made up Humphries’ run will start to make sense.

Advertisement

The Bass

Liked in: 63 posts

Re: The Ultimates #16 (America is my White House Spoilers)

Postby The Bass » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:52 pm

I want to love the book. I think the writing is excellent. The story is fun. However - this is the Ultimates, and going from Esad Ribic to Luke Ross and Timothy Green was enough for me to drop the book. When the FILL IN artist can't even finish an issue - it;s time to find another artist. So I dropped it.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand