Advertisement

The Ultimates #12 (Dosed with Giant-Man serum Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

The Ultimates #12 (Dosed with Giant-Man serum Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:11 pm

The conclusion to the ‘Two Cities, Two Worlds’ was a bit of a rushed mess in some ways, but I still enjoyed the heck out of it, if only for the bat-shit awesomeness that is the all-time classic line ‘He dosed the Hulk with Giant-Man serum!’ That shit had me laughing like hell, and then when Giant-Hulk proceeded to start fighting a Giant Iron Man… well, how can you not enjoy that? It was Godzilla but with Marvel Superheroes, and it was great. I did like that the character who finally defeated evil Reed was Sue Storm, that was fitting. I’d like to see Sue and Ben join the Ultimates team regularly. I also really liked how Tony Stark’s brain tumour hallucinations were handled, there was that great scene where, out of nowhere, The City could see him, and then the explanation that it was a psychic tumour, that was just so out there it worked. I’m guessing Humphries and Hickman are picking up the dropped thread from Orson Scott Card that Tony Stark’s body has brain instead of muscle. The variety of different artists once again worked OK, Luke Ross especially, and of course Butch Guice on those last few pages which brought back Captain America. We’ve been waiting for aaages for Cap to come back, and I personally expected it to happen in like #5, so for it to only happen now… it’s good writing. I can’t wait to see him back in action and hopefully ‘Divided We Fall’ will be good. I just want more Giant-Man Serum Hulk really, I can’t stop thinking about the sheer goofiness of that bit, is it lame, or is it so lame it’s good?

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand