Friday, September 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Ultimates #3 (Feezk Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:04 pm

I really think this is Hickman’s best work in long time, probably since the middle-period of Secret Warriors. This book is just great, wide-screen superheroics in the Millar/Hitch tradition, but with enough of Hickman’s own personality in it that it doesn’t feel repetitive. I love that Hickman has reduced Thor’s power-levels back to how it was in the early years of the Ultimates, I much preferred Ultimate Thor when it was ambiguous whether or not he was a God or just crazy, and whilst that ambiguity is still gone, it’s great he’s not overly strong again. Esad Ribic’s art was top-quality again, and he really made the attempted attack on The City seem real and gave the Nuclea Explosion real impact. It was great to see Spider-Woman and Black Widow II show up, but at the moment I’m just counting down the pages until Captain America shows up, right now I’m guessing the last page of #4, but it may be even later than that.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:36 pm

I really wanna like this book but it always feels like there are pages missing.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:35 am

Epic book. Feels Luke Warren Ellis during his Stormwatch/Authority heyday

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:23 am

I'm enjoying this book a lot. Each issue keeps bringing it.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:01 am

Holland Oats wrote:Epic book. Feels Luke Warren Ellis during his Stormwatch/Authority heyday

Yeah, this comic reeks of The Authority, the action is huge and the fiction is sciencey and the characters yell a lot. Certainly it's the most accessible of Hickman's Marvel work and while I'm no fan of the colouring it's still a great looking book.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:11 am

Liking this book. It still has this feeling like it's almost like Ellis or Millar's epic Ultimates or Stormwatch runs and coming up just a tad short; but that might be just because we are still in the middle of the storyline.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Zero wrote:
Yeah, this comic reeks of The Authority, the action is huge and the fiction is sciencey and the characters yell a lot. Certainly it's the most accessible of Hickman's Marvel work and while I'm no fan of the colouring it's still a great looking book.

I love the coloring.

Dean White, combined with Ribic's art gives the book a very unique feel. Very European.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:42 pm

this book has been all kinds of awesome

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:43 pm

way to put spoilers in the title again punch

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:24 pm

I'm really loving all the new ultimate books, there really isn't a bad one in the bunch. hopefully they all stay like this.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:36 pm

Rockman wrote:way to put spoilers in the title again punch

There are no spoilers in the title, other than the actual word "spoilers"..

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:18 am

Rockman wrote:way to put spoilers in the title again punch

Haha

screw you!

leave a comment with facebook