Advertisement

The Ultimates #8 (HULK AM HEALTHY Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

The Ultimates #8 (HULK AM HEALTHY Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm

It’s interesting that after 7 issues of setting up these wild and woolly cosmic villains for The Ultimates to fight, the big threat here is the US Government! The President enacts the ‘Winter Protocols’ and takes control of the team, breaking into Tony Stark’s house and gassing Spider-Woman and Captain Britain. This doesn’t bode well for Nick Fury does it? Oh yeah, and he sends every Nuke in the US’ arsenal to attack The City. Uh-oh. This was a very good issue, and one that really has me on the edge of my seat for #9 right now. Esad Ribic’s art was fantastic, the Hulk’s rampage was brilliant, and the way Reed Richards talked him down was very clever. We’ve had a lot of issues moving stuff into place, but now with those nukes and Xorn or Zorn heading to the City too, hopefully things will really get going now. I just hope that Captain America gets back into the action at last too! Oh yeah, and there was even some humour here, with Thor making fun of Jarvis’ watching of reality shows. I didn’t know Hickman had it in him.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand