Advertisement

The Ultimates #5 (Invisible Rabbit Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

The Ultimates #5 (Invisible Rabbit Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:13 am

Yay! Ultimate Falcon is back! I love that guy. This issue was kind of a pause from the breakneck speed of the first arc, and it was necessary. We catch up with all of our characters with some great scenes as they contemplate on recent events. I continue to really like Hickman’s take on Tony Stark. I often rag on the guy for not being able to write characters, but in this book he’s demonstrating he can. And there was humour too! Volstagg’s ‘I farted’ line was classic. It was also cool how this book caught us up with events in the other Ultimate books, so we saw Hawkeye give a briefing on the events of his own mini-series, and we sort of got to see the debut of the Ultimate Runaways. We also get to see Spider-Woman discover the existence of Miles Morales, which is kind of odd timing since we saw their fight last week in Ultimate Spider-Man #5, but it worked well and really emphasised how close all the writers are trying to make the Ultimate Universe at the moment. I was disappointed that Ribic only did 4 or so pages here, but Brandon Peterson was a good fill-in, and it was great to see him go back to his old, non-computerised style. Oh yeah, and Captain America is back too, I told you he would be.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: The Ultimates #5 (Invisible Rabbit Spoilers)

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:38 am

Punchy wrote:Oh yeah, and Captain America is back too, I told you he would be.

Huge shocker.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Re: The Ultimates #5 (Invisible Rabbit Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
Huge shocker.

Hush.

I love this book but this was the first time an issue didnt feel like I was missing pages.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand