Advertisement

The Ultimates #11 (Nick needs his wackos Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

The Ultimates #11 (Nick needs his wackos Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:25 am

It says a lot about how good this issue was that I enjoyed it despite their being 4 artists involved, normally whenever a single issue has more than 2 pencilers doing their thing, I find it distracting and it really pulls me out of the story, but not so here, I was hooked, regardless of whether it was Luke Ross, Butch Guice, Leonard Kirk or Patrick Zircher. Big props to all the artists for managing to keep a consistent tone, and also to Hickman and Humphries for telling a story that was good enough to negate the distraction. This issue had some really great moments, in particular the fight between Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon and the Giant-Man squadron, it was crazy to see 3 of the least powerful Ultimates take down people of a much bigger stature. I wonder who the ‘West Coast Ultimates’ will be, familiar faces, or something new? I also continue to like the way the book is showing Tony Stark’s mental state, with the hallucination of himself as a child, but the real bonus here is that the threat of Reed and The City is much more real, before it was a threat of ideology and talk, now he’s got nukes and is right there, up in your face, much better.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand