Advertisement

The Unwritten #36 (A bottle of magic bourbon Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

The Unwritten #36 (A bottle of magic bourbon Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:55 pm

This issue did a wonderful job of bringing two minor subplots together and really demonstrated how well thought-out the mythology that Carey and Gross have created is. Not only does this issue revisit the Tinker on his quest to find his lost love, but it also features the return of everybody’s favourite foul-mouthed rabbit, Pauly Bruckner. The two characters join forces in an attempt to escape the mysterious ‘wave’ that is wiping out the worlds of fiction. Not only does this chase lead to lots of great literary cameos such as Alice In Wonderland, Sancho Panza, a shit-load of magic swords and a lot of other literary locations, but we also get to see Pauly’s children, in a scene that reminded me a lot of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I’m guessing that the events of this issue and the ‘wave’ were caused by what Tom did in #35 in killing the Leviathan. The worlds of story are being destroyed, but what does that mean? It’s going to be exciting to see how this issue effects the main story, and although I’m itching to get back to Tom and Richie and all that, I’m also very much looking forward to the next Pauly and Tinker appearance (even if he’s no longer a rabbit). What’s the betting that they’ll run into Lizzie Hexam?

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand