Advertisement

The Unwritten #38 (What am I supposed to write? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

The Unwritten #38 (What am I supposed to write? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:12 am

I wonder how long Mike Carey is going to keep Tom Taylor off the board? We haven’t seen him for 2 issues now, and it’s doing a really great job at ratcheting up the intrigue about what he’s like in this new world. Wouldn’t it be crazy if he was a background figure for the rest of the series? It looks like I was right on the money about the death of Leviathan meaning the end of the world because we don’t have stories anymore, Mme Rausch sort of explained that. I was especially freaked out by the scene of that guy ranting and shooting himself in the head, I’m guessing he’s a novelist or some other kind of writer who can’t think of any ideas because of Leviathan. The character of Didge the Detective continues to be interesting, it’s becoming more apparent that she has some disability that means she can’t read, but there’s a lot of ambiguity to it, it comes and goes? What does that mean? Also interesting was the scene at the very end, where Danny stumbles across a warehouse full of magical creatures. What’s their deal? Are they the worshippers of Tommy transformed into animals? Are they from the stairs? I should also say that Peter Gross’ art looked better than ever here, I guess taking a bit of a back-seat to the finishers during the last arc did him some good, because now that he’s back doing all the art himself, he’s doing some beautiful stuff.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand