Sunday, July 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Zatanna Appreciation Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:06 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Ok, I do not think that is fair to blame Beechen for what happend to Cass.


I do.

Beechen Did Not Do The Research, a foolish, unprofessional error when it comes to writing established characters. And in the Internet Era, it's outright laziness. How long would it have taken to simply read her Wikipedia entry?? Not long at all.

PATHETIC.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:19 pm

Herald wrote:
Ask Cass Cain how much long-lasting damage Beechen can do in ONE issue...


Again, it's a fill-in. This won't affect Dini's vision for the title.
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:33 pm

GLX wrote:
Again, it's a fill-in. This won't affect Dini's vision for the title.


He can easily contradict the vision for the character in many egregious ways.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:38 pm

Herald wrote:
He can easily contradict the vision for the character in many egregious ways.


Even so, his issue won't have lasting consequences.
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:40 pm

In other words: "What Could Possibly Go Wrong??"
Famous Last Words.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:53 pm

*curls up in a corner* Hopefully GLX is right. *repeats himself*
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:57 pm

Because the regular writer of a series regularly cow tows to the plot lines of a forgettable fill-in writer?
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:19 pm

BlueStreak wrote:Because the regular writer of a series regularly cow tows to the plot lines of a forgettable fill-in writer?


Of course they do. . I mean somone at Dini's level would have to follow with was done by Beechen. Right? Ok, the crickets agree with me.
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Herald wrote:
I do.

Beechen Did Not Do The Research, a foolish, unprofessional error when it comes to writing established characters. And in the Internet Era, it's outright laziness. How long would it have taken to simply read her Wikipedia entry?? Not long at all.

PATHETIC.


Ok, I'll give you that, but if he was just writing what editorial was telling him to do and he knew he still had a job with the company afterwards do a half ass job and get paid why put an extra effort.
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:24 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Ok, I'll give you that, but if he was just writing what editorial was telling him to do and he knew he still had a job with the company afterwards do a half ass job and get paid why put an extra effort.


Unfortunately, this pitifully unprofessional outlook is the way most current DC writers seem to think. Is it any wonder the characters and stories have turned to crap??
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:26 pm

BlueStreak wrote:Because the regular writer of a series regularly cow tows to the plot lines of a forgettable fill-in writer?


If Beechen were to kill off some of Zee's new support staff, but Dini ignores that and continues to feature those characters, it won't throw things off?? I believe it would.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:09 pm

Herald wrote:
If Beechen were to kill off some of Zee's new support staff, but Dini ignores that and continues to feature those characters, it won't throw things off?? I believe it would.


I don't think editorial would that happen.
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:28 pm

GLX wrote:
I don't think editorial would that happen.


Yes, because DiDio-era DC Editorial is oh-so "competent", to the point that it can't:

Make sure a MAJOR CROSSOVER like Final Crisis agrees with its overblown year-long weekly lead-in, Countdown to Final Crisis. OR, for that matter, fellow tie-in Death of the New Gods.

Keep Aquaman from being brought back during FC because, according to Geoff "I Run This Asylum, Not Morrison!!" Johns, he is supposed to be brought back during Blackest Night. (Thus leading Dan to, in his usual lame@$$ manner, have to backpedal, and claim that it was "another Earth's Aquaman", as if they did this crap on purpose. :roll:)

Along the same lines, decide whether Hawkgirl should be killed off during FC or BN. They certainly can't make a choice in a TIMELY enough manner to let JLoA writer Dwayne McDuffie know so he won't write a scene in which Roy Harper visits her grave, and certainly NOT before said scene is already pencilled and inked, so that McDuffie has to awkwardly rewrite the scene, and it STILL makes NO sense.

----------

So, this is the DC Editorial you don't think would "let that happen". Riiiiiiiiiiight.
Check their track record, pal.

Like I said: Usual Gang of IDIOTS.
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:37 pm

Herald wrote:
Unfortunately, this pitifully unprofessional outlook is the way most current DC writers seem to think. Is it any wonder the characters and stories have turned to crap??


:lol:

I always forget you have very passionate opinions about D.C. (That was a compliment so please do not take it the wrong way.) I read pretty much every DCU book and I do not think they are all that bad. They are stuck in Brightest Day right now which just feels like it is dragging but outside of that interwoven event I think a good portion of their books are not that bad.

I'm not going to list books right now which I think are good and detract from the original threadbut I'm happy to discuss this further.
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:43 pm

bkthomson wrote:
:lol:

I always forget you have very passionate opinions about D.C. (That was a compliment so please do not take it the wrong way.) I read pretty much every DCU book and I do not think they are all that bad. They are stuck in Brightest Day right now which just feels like it is dragging but outside of that interwoven event I think a good portion of their books are not that bad.

I'm not going to list books right now which I think are good and detract from the original threadbut I'm happy to discuss this further.


When did you get into DC comics?? In recent years??

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 100 guests