Monday, May 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "In this issue: an Outhouser will DIE!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Things DC Doesn't Like!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:08 am

holtom2000 wrote:how can a completely different character they happen to be named wally West be anything but compared to the Wally West we all knew, loved, and the one that sold very very well I might add...

I dig revisionism as much as the next guy but while true Wally's Flash has had some incredible successes over the years, his last run was awful and the sales help prove it...
Flash #231 73k ranked #26 (the series and Mark Waid return)
Flash #236 41k ranked #50
Flash #240 32k ranked #69
Flash #242 30k ranked #81
Flash #247 26k ranked #99

If everyone loved him, why wasn't everyone buying his book? It's because Wally's time was done. It's no surprise to me that they brought Barry back - it was the only way to generate some excitement into a Flash character.
User avatar

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:51 am

Amoebas wrote:I dig revisionism as much as the next guy but while true Wally's Flash has had some incredible successes over the years, his last run was awful and the sales help prove it...
Flash #231 73k ranked #26 (the series and Mark Waid return)
Flash #236 41k ranked #50
Flash #240 32k ranked #69
Flash #242 30k ranked #81
Flash #247 26k ranked #99

If everyone loved him, why wasn't everyone buying his book? It's because Wally's time was done. It's no surprise to me that they brought Barry back - it was the only way to generate some excitement into a Flash character.



Clearly no one liked the stories Waid was telling this time, but that hardly means Wally was done
We also never really got any Wally-Barry stories post rebirth... there was so much potential flushed down the crapper with the reboot
this is the DC editorial team that also brought us Bart as flash for a year... really, I'd say DC just didn't know what they were doing post Infinite Crisis (on most books) that led to the decline in sales
Putting a bunch C stringers in the JLA was another example
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:57 am

holtom2000 wrote:

Clearly no one liked the stories Waid was telling this time, but that hardly means Wally was done
We also never really got any Wally-Barry stories post rebirth... there was so much potential flushed down the crapper with the reboot
this is the DC editorial team that also brought us Bart as flash for a year... really, I'd say DC just didn't know what they were doing post Infinite Crisis (on most books) that led to the decline in sales
Putting a bunch C stringers in the JLA was another example


Yep. And instead of trying to come up with some kind of cohesive, non-panicky plan for the line they threw the baby out with the bathwater. And to add insult to injury, there seems to be no cohesive plan behind the DCnU either!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:08 pm

DC doesn't like white people.
User avatar

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:51 pm

GOSD wrote:
Is Wally supposed to be black? :smt017

No, just a Kardashian.
User avatar

CrazyScarecrow

Flying Mongoose

Postby CrazyScarecrow » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:00 pm

For awhile they didn't like green people. They red washed Beast Boy and took Martian Manhunter's role of founding member all because he was green. Thankfully they made up for this by making Beast Boy green again and making the main Justice League book terrible and making J'onn's Justice League United amazing.
User avatar

RoosterHardwood

Mad Hatter

Postby RoosterHardwood » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:12 pm

But... muh Green Lantern...

Sadface.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:30 pm

Zenguru wrote:No, just a Kardashian.



OJ IS NU-WALLY WEST'S FATHER? :shock:
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

OJ IS NU-WALLY WEST'S FATHER? :shock:


Nice one! :-D :-D :-D
User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Thu May 01, 2014 3:51 am

nietoperz wrote:
Yep. And instead of trying to come up with some kind of cohesive, non-panicky plan for the line they threw the baby out with the bathwater. And to add insult to injury, there seems to be no cohesive plan behind the DCnU either!


This, in spades.
User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Thu May 01, 2014 3:54 am

Juan Cena wrote:

OJ IS NU-WALLY WEST'S FATHER? :shock:


Nope, it was the white Ford Bronco. :shock: :oops: Nu Wally develops almost 310 brake horsepower, and 510 foot pounds of torque...

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earth-2 NoctourneM, GiveWarAChance and 52 guests