Advertisement

Thor: Reign of Blood=Fantastic(Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Thor: Reign of Blood=Fantastic(Spoilers)

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 am

I'm not really sure why they didn't make Ages of Thunder, Reign of Blood, and Man of War a miniseries, because that's what it is, but the first two have been fantastic reading.

For those of you who didn't read Ages of Thunder, this is a tale of Thor in the era of the 23rd Ragnarok, and this is Thor before he's been tempered by time and relentless war into being the compassionate Thunder-God that he is today. In short, Thor is quite the asshole.

Reign of Blood is divided into two stories, the first is about Odin and the Frost Giant's daughter from Ages of Thunder. The second story, which spins out of the first, begins with The Enchantress coveting a treasure of the dwarves and concludes with Thor creating Sleipnir and waging war on midgard, hence the title of the next installment.

The Blood Colossus is so awesome I really don't have the words for it.

I'll leave you with a quick bit of dialog from Odin regarding the Frost Giant's daughter, "a creaking floor of ice, a heatless flame, a yawning wolf, a soft-eyed raven, a boar that snarls in hunger, a rootless tree, the undertow at dusk, a kettle on the cusp of a boil, a witch with a promise, a corpse with money in it's pockets, the killer of your brother, a lame -legged thoroughbred--these are all things to trust more than a woman's word! Especially that woman!"

Advertisement

Cernunnos
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Cernunnos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:41 pm

I really enjoyed Thor:Reign of Blood. Lord forbid it be anytime soon, but, if JMS ever leaves Thor, I hope Marvel lets Matt Fraction write the title.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 83 posts

Postby misac » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Not releasing this as a mini was so stupid. I just bought the first issue thinking it was a one shot.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:24 pm

misac wrote:Not releasing this as a mini was so stupid. I just bought the first issue thinking it was a one shot.

It certainly doesn't help that they say 'one-shot' on them, either. I really don't get it.

They're very good, though.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand