Advertisement

Thousands Could Die at Marvel's Uncanny Avengers Press Conference

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:51 am

The seemingly innocent press conference could be an elaborate death trap planned by a vengeful Rick Remender.

At 3PM this afternoon, fans and press will gather outside the Manhattan headquarters of Marvel Comics for a special conference... a press conference that could be their last! In the wake of several totally permanent and very meaningful character deaths in Uncanny Avengers #14, Marvel invited fans to Monday's event with the promise of "discussing the shocking events that took place and those yet to come with writer Rick Remender and editor Tom Brevoort!"

Well, that sounds nice. What could go wrong? For one thing, there's Remenders solemn vow that his critics should drown in hobo piss, a response to complaints about a speech he wrote for Uncanny Avengers leader Havok preaching assimilation for mutants. Remender displayed similar scorn when fans complained of a follow-up storyline in which the Scarlet Witch, in the course of acting as a proxy for Remender and delivering a five page lecture to fans who misconstrued his Havok speech, refers to her Romani ethnicity as "a religion," alluding to the mystical stereotypes of Gypsies.

Indeed, the scene on W. 5th street is ominously quiet, like a calm before the storm, as a large vat of warm, yellow liquid appears to be perched atop Marvel's building, waiting to rain golden death upon the attendees later this afternoon.

Dramatization.

"I don't know what you're talking about," denied Marvel editor Tom Brevoort, sweating profusely as he stroked a fluffy white cat he carries with him everywhere he goes. "We just want to talk."

"We're not going to drown anyone here today," confirmed a sinister looking Remender, standing next to a comically large lever labeled Pull Lever to Drown Crowd in Hobo Piss.

"I mean, that would be ridiculous," Remender added, laughing nervously. "What, did I spend months stalking the railways, drugging and kidnapping hobos, bringing them back to my secret lair, inserting catheters, and force-feeding them liquid until I gathered enough of their urine to flood a New York City street if dropped from the top of a building, slaughtering the unsuspecting crowd gathered below? Come on."

If you want to witness the carnage live, sign up for Marvel's live blog. if you have business in Midtown Manhattan today, remember to wear your galoshes. And don't worry about The Outhouse. We never get invited to these things, even when they're thinly veiled mass murder plots.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Re: Thousands Could Die at Marvel's Uncanny Avengers Press C

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm currently at work a few blocks from there.

Might as well start saying my goodbyes to the OH now, guys...

meinterrupted
Attorney at Law

Title: man-hating straw feminist

Postby meinterrupted » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Wow, and I thought I couldn't hate Remender more....
in ur comics, fighting ur misogyny

Image Image

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:37 pm

It's 3:35 now. Did we not get an update because our Corispondance died at the press conformance? Was it Greg or Silverphenix that went down?

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:40 pm

Sorry for the auto compleat errors. I got a little Captain in me.... Ok, a lot of Captain in me. It's been a rough Chunukah.

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:55 pm

I would hate to be the person who has to clean up all that mess in the aftermath. :-D :-D :-D

meinterrupted
Attorney at Law

Title: man-hating straw feminist

Postby meinterrupted » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:45 pm

prozacman wrote:Sorry for the auto compleat errors. I got a little Captain in me.... Ok, a lot of Captain in me. It's been a rough Chunukah.

Party on, Wayne! :drunk
in ur comics, fighting ur misogyny

Image Image

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand