Advertisement

THUNDER Agents #4 (He keeps running Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

THUNDER Agents #4 (He keeps running Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:00 am

I’ve mentioned before that my biggest issue with Nick Spencer’s THUNDER Agents run is that he hasn’t really written any of the characters about from Toby and Colleen in any great detail, and that was very much in evidence in this issue. Lightning’s heroic sacrifice didn’t really have any impact because we haven’t been any reason to care about him and he hasn’t actually done that much since his origin spotlight issue. What should have been an epic moment was just… whatever. I did like that he actually had used steroids though, and Wes Craig drew the hell out of it, but still, it wasn’t as good as it could, or should have been. The stuff with NoMan and Emil Jennings was interesting, and Sam Kieth’s artwork was nice, but the last page reveal… come on, how many times is someone going to betray the team! It’s reaching almost parody levels the number of wheels within wheels this book has. But then I did get a sense in the first story arc that Spencer was poking a bit of fun at spy clichés, perhaps this is that again? Hmmm.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand