Advertisement

Thunderbolts #163 (Big Band Era Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: Shitlord

Thunderbolts #163 (Big Band Era Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:48 pm

The cover of this is pretty shameless, ‘1st issue! … of a new era’. You can’t fool me Marvel! This is #163 and you know it! I’m a sucker for time-travel stories, and this looks like it’s going to be a good one. We’ll get to compare and contrast some of the most noble superheroes in Marvel history in The Invaders with some of the least in the Tbolts. Plus there’s also weird stuff going on with Swamp Thing and Satana, and of course Luke Cage is back in the present. I’m not sure how exactly this is a new era, but it was a lot of fun, and a nice break from the heaviness of the last few Fear Itself tie-in issues. And we got an Imperious Rex! Any comic where Namor says his catchphrase is automatically awesome.

Advertisement

pat
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Thunderbolts #163 (Big Band Era Spoilers)

Postby pat » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Another great issue. Parker just obviously understands these characters so well.
Frank, sometimes I really wish you didn't beat that cancer.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 112 posts

Postby dairydead » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:13 pm

i stopped reading right around Fear Itself, when they started recruiting the new guys. is this a good place to pick back up?
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 369 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:22 pm

dairydead wrote:i stopped reading right around Fear Itself, when they started recruiting the new guys. is this a good place to pick back up?

It's as good a place to begin as any I guess and it is the start of a new storyarc. The start would be a little confusing if you weren't aware of what the team went through during Fear Itself, but I think Parker does a good enough job that those events should be clear to you.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 369 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Fixer was really interesting this issue too. It looks like he regrets the side he's chosen.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand