Advertisement

Thunderbolts #166 (Whores are Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Thunderbolts #166 (Whores are Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:10 am

The T-Bolts take on Jack The Ripper, and whilst it’s obviously not on the same level of sophistication as the medium’s most famous take on Saucy Jack, From Hell, this arc looks like being a lot of fun. Jeff Parker is obviously pretty knowledgeable about The Ripper and manages to stop the story becoming too ridiculous. The revelation that the Ripper in the Marvel Universe is actually Mister Hyde was a clever one, and I really never expected to see Moonstone in a team-up with Inspector Abberline. This is the kind of crazy stuff only comics can do, and I love that Parker is embracing getting to do a time-travel story and taking us to all sorts of interesting places. Declan Shalvey’s art was very strong, I particularly liked the page where Moonstone’s cape split into panels, very cool. Frank Martin’s colours were also awesome, he got across the murk of Victorian London perfectly.

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Thunderbolts #166 (Whores are Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:27 am

I really didn't enjoy the Invaders arc and this one holds even less interest as does this team. Hopefully they'll be returned to their own time by the end of this arc and we can get to some proper Thunderbolts action.

I do admit to liking Troll though.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:44 pm

MistaT wrote:I do admit to liking Troll though.

Troll is a great character. :)

I loved in the Invaders issues how Moonstone called her the Borneo Wild Girl. :lol:
Last edited by Stephen Day on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Punchy wrote:The T-Bolts take on Jack The Ripper, and whilst it’s obviously not on the same level of sophistication as the medium’s most famous take on Saucy Jack, From Hell, this arc looks like being a lot of fun. Jeff Parker is obviously pretty knowledgeable about The Ripper and manages to stop the story becoming too ridiculous. The revelation that the Ripper in the Marvel Universe is actually Mister Hyde was a clever one, and I really never expected to see Moonstone in a team-up with Inspector Abberline. This is the kind of crazy stuff only comics can do, and I love that Parker is embracing getting to do a time-travel story and taking us to all sorts of interesting places. Declan Shalvey’s art was very strong, I particularly liked the page where Moonstone’s cape split into panels, very cool. Frank Martin’s colours were also awesome, he got across the murk of Victorian London perfectly.

This story was fun along those lines, but I don't think it reveals that Hyde is the Ripper of the MU. As far as I know about how Marvel time travel works it isn't direct travel to the past, but diagonal. As such wouldn't this be the past of an alternate timeline?
Last edited by Stephen Day on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Troy for the sig

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 119 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:49 pm

I have loved this book since Parker took over. These time-travelling stories are lots of fun.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand