Advertisement

Thunderbolts #169 (Forsooth! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Thunderbolts #169 (Forsooth! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:40 am

Why weren’t any of the Thunderbolts surprised to see supposedly mythical characters like King Arthur? Or in the Marvel Universe is Camelot known to have been real? It would make sense I suppose, what with so many people like Captain Britain having dealings with Merlin. I’ve enjoyed all of the Tbolts’ time-travel adventures so far, and this was no exception, as Parker has a lot of fun with the medieval setting and Walker gets to draw some really cool medieval costumes. One of the first Marvel Comics I read was the Busiek/Perez Avengers story where they all get turned medieval and this reminded me of that. Sometimes nostalgia is good, but only rarely. Perhaps the best thing about this issue was that Parker gave Camelot a real dark side, the villains here don’t appear to be monsters and trolls, but the Knights themselves and Merlin in particular. It also seems like we got our first hints as to why exactly the Thunderbolts are lost in time, it looks like it’s something to do with Man-Thing.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Thunderbolts #169 (Forsooth! Spoilers)

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:53 am

What I really like about this storyline is that despite escaping, the Thunderbolts are still acting somewhat heroic. I can't wait to see what happens when the other team catches up with them.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand