Saturday, June 25, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Thunderbolts #170 (Put some clothes on Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:07 pm

The Tbolts trip to Camelot ends in a satisfying way and the ending of this issue… wow, I knew from the covers that the current team would be coming face to face with the original team, but still, that was a great moment, and Citizen V really is one of the coolest looking superheroes of all time for me. I thought the twist that Boomerang was to blame for the Fall Of Camelot was a clever one, and the way that Parker wrote Merlin here was far more nuanced than it had appeared in the last issue. Kev Walker’s artwork was brilliant as usual, he really drew the hell out of that dragon, it looked awesome. I think this 2-parter has been my favourite of the time periods the Thunderbolts have visited, mainly because of how much stuff from the actual Arthurian legends Parker has used and referenced, stuff like Lancelot and Guinevere in this issue for example.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:07 pm

I agree both about this two parter being the best story of the time travel arc and about the dragon. For me Troll, and in particular the things she was up to with the dragon, once again stole this issue - "Troll have dragon!"
User avatar

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:04 pm

This book has been an absolute joy since Parker took over after whatever event that was.

Walker's art has never looked better. I loved all the costumes through this time jumping adventure, but the Arthurian aged costumes were the best. I would like to see more fantasy work from him.
User avatar

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Punchy wrote:The Tbolts trip to Camelot ends in a satisfying way and the ending of this issue… wow, I knew from the covers that the current team would be coming face to face with the original team, but still, that was a great moment, and Citizen V really is one of the coolest looking superheroes of all time for me. I thought the twist that Boomerang was to blame for the Fall Of Camelot was a clever one, and the way that Parker wrote Merlin here was far more nuanced than it had appeared in the last issue. Kev Walker’s artwork was brilliant as usual, he really drew the hell out of that dragon, it looked awesome. I think this 2-parter has been my favourite of the time periods the Thunderbolts have visited, mainly because of how much stuff from the actual Arthurian legends Parker has used and referenced, stuff like Lancelot and Guinevere in this issue for example.



Wait.Wait.Wait.Wait.
Did you said"Citizen V?Which version? Zemo,Dallas Riordan or Watkins III?
Come on kid.Details.Details.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Miracloman wrote:

Wait.Wait.Wait.Wait.
Did you said"Citizen V?Which version? Zemo,Dallas Riordan or Watkins III?
Come on kid.Details.Details.


They've traveled in time to the point where the T-Bolts were still in the middle of Zemo's original plot involving the team.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Miracloman wrote:

Wait.Wait.Wait.Wait.
Did you said"Citizen V?Which version? Zemo,Dallas Riordan or Watkins III?
Come on kid.Details.Details.


Zemo
User avatar

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Troll is awesome, I love her!
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:26 pm

MistaT wrote:Troll is awesome, I love her!


Same here. :)
User avatar

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:07 am

Such a good book.

Month after month.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:14 am

Great run, great arc (although I think I still liked the Invaders arc just a bit better), really looking forward to T'bolts vs. T'bolts.
User avatar

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Last time I checked T-Bolts the team were Cage,Songbird,Moonstone,Crossbone,The Ghost(or whatever his name was)Man-Thing and I think Match(whatever number he is now) and Fixer.Who are in the team now?
Also I miss the original team,and yes Punchy,Citizen V had one of the best superhero costumes.Simple yet awesome.
Speaking of which,wonder what happened to Citizen V(Watkins III). Hadn't seen him since T-bolts vol.1.
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:37 pm

This book has really come into its own since Fear Itself, not saying it was bad before that
Troll is awesome and so is this storyline - totally stoked for next issue
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Miracloman wrote:

Wait.Wait.Wait.Wait.
Did you said"Citizen V?Which version? Zemo,Dallas Riordan or Watkins III?
Come on kid.Details.Details.

face to face with the original team, but still, that was a great moment, and Citizen V

context clues would indicate the V from the original team, meaning Zemo
User avatar

pat

cheese

Postby pat » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Miracloman wrote:Last time I checked T-Bolts the team were Cage,Songbird,Moonstone,Crossbone,The Ghost(or whatever his name was)Man-Thing and I think Match(whatever number he is now) and Fixer.Who are in the team now?


Home Team: Mach XVIIQ, Songbird, Cage

Away Team: Satana, Moonstone, Fixer, Boomerang, Mr. Hyde, Troll, Centurius

and Ghost floats between them.
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:13 pm

I love this comic though I'm not completely sold on Walker's art. I wish someone like DeVito or Pelletier were pencilling this.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amoebas, GLX, Google [Bot] and 45 guests