Advertisement

Thunderbolts #172 (Mutant Chimney Sweep Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Thunderbolts #172 (Mutant Chimney Sweep Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:30 am

This issue was just Thunderbolts fanboy delight, it’s not rocket science, but seeing the original team take on the current Tbolts is just awesome. It’s great to have this celebration of the Thunderbolts history, especially since the title is changing soon. The fight between the two teams was a lot of fun, and it was cool to see Jeff Parker playfully tease the current and past versions of Fixer and Moonstone meeting each other. I also loved the scene where Boomerang inadvertently caused his past self to get arrested. It was funny, but could it have worrying consequences? The butterfly effect and all that. Decland Shalvey’s art was strong as usual, I love his takes on the original Thunderbolts, especially Atlas and Citizen V. There’s only two issues left of Thunderbolts before it gets all Dark and Avengery, and they’re going out with a bang!

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 44 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Thunderbolts #172 (Mutant Chimney Sweep Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:24 pm

This was a really fun issue. I loved the entire fight in the cave. I can't wait to see what happens next with Moonstone and Moonstone.

Thank you Troy for the sig

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:37 pm

This was my first issue in years based solely on the original team's appearance. Fun issue that makes me want to go back and see what I've been missing.

pat
cheese

Postby pat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Punchy wrote:I also loved the scene where Boomerang inadvertently caused his past self to get arrested. It was funny, but could it have worrying consequences? The butterfly effect and all that.

Didn't he say right before he opened it something like it was empty last time he checked it before he took stuff? I don't have my copy to check, but it looks like they already took care of it.

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:02 pm

pat wrote:
Didn't he say right before he opened it something like it was empty last time he checked it before he took stuff? I don't have my copy to check, but it looks like they already took care of it.

Yep, that happened.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:06 pm

pat wrote:

I meant that in the original past, Boomerang was able to escape because he could get new boomerangs, now he couldn't, and he was arrested.

pat
cheese

Postby pat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Punchy wrote:
I meant that in the original past, Boomerang was able to escape because he could get new boomerangs, now he couldn't, and he was arrested.

Right, thats what I said. In the "original" past, Boomer never escaped, because future Boomer had already taken them. This has all always happened. Oh shit its LOST all over again.
Frank, sometimes I really wish you didn't beat that cancer.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand