Advertisement

Titan Magazines Launches Arrow Comic Based on Hit TV Show

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 143 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:33 am

Titan Magazines will launch a comic book based on the television show based on a comic book!

Source: Press Release

The Ouroboros is an ancient symbol depicting a snake or dragon eating its own tail that first appeared in the 14th century BC in the Egyptian Enigmatic Book of the Netherworld. Later, Ancient Greek philospoher Plato described the meaning behind the symbol thusly:

The living being had no need of eyes because there was nothing outside of him to be seen; nor of ears because there was nothing to be heard; and there was no surrounding atmosphere to be breathed; nor would there have been any use of organs by the help of which he might receive his food or get rid of what he had already digested, since there was nothing which went from him or came into him: for there was nothing beside him. Of design he created thus; his own waste providing his own food, and all that he did or suffered taking place in and by himself. For the Creator conceived that a being which was self-sufficient would be far more excellent than one which lacked anything; and, as he had no need to take anything or defend himself against any one, the Creator did not think it necessary to bestow upon him hands: nor had he any need of feet, nor of the whole apparatus of walking; but the movement suited to his spherical form which was designed by him, being of all the seven that which is most appropriate to mind and intelligence; and he was made to move in the same manner and on the same spot, within his own limits revolving in a circle. All the other six motions were taken away from him, and he was made not to partake of their deviations. And as this circular movement required no feet, the universe was created without legs and without feet.

It's in this spirit of one's own waste becoming one's own food that Titan Magazines is releasing a new Arrow comic book based on the hit WB TV show (that also airs on Sky1 in the UK). The comic is in stores now and will remain on sale until the second issue comes out on November 13 (13 November as they say in the UK). Here's the press release:

TITAN LAUNCHES ARROW COMIC #1 BASED ON THE HIT SKY1 SHOW!

Titan Magazines is pleased to announce the UK launch of the all-new Arrow Comic based on the hit tv series that explodedon Sky1 last year.

Coinciding with the second series launch, Arrow Comic hit stores on 17th October and is on sale now. For the stories you won’t see on TV: go behind the scenes in Starling City with the all-new Arrow Comic.

Inside the first ever issue, you’ll find original stories written by the show’s creators, crammed with all new artwork from legendary Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters artist Mike Grell! Featuring four comic stories every issue – including unseen aspects of Ollie's origin by the show's creators in issue #1 – Arrow Comic picks up where the TV show leaves off, telling brand new tales of Ollie, Laurel, Diggle and their allies and enemies for the ultimate Arrow experience!

“If you're a fan of the Arrow TV show, you owe it to yourself to pick up Arrow Comic! – said Jon Chapple, Arrow Comic Editor

Publisher, Titan has marketed the title with online and print ads, PR and social media in addition to online and on-air support from Sky1.

Arrow Comic #1 hit UK newsstands on the 17th October 2013 and is available now from WH Smiths and good newsagents.

For more information about Arrow Comic, visit:

www.titanmagazines.com/arrow

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 30 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: Titan Magazines Launches Arrow Comic Based on Hit TV Sho

Postby bkthomson » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Wow, this is a good idea to make a comic book based on this TV Series.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 72 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Publisher, Titan has marketed the title with online and print ads, PR and social media in addition to online and on-air support from Sky1.

In other words, everything DC never did with it's Arrow comic. :roll:

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
In other words, everything DC never did with it's Arrow comic. :roll:

That was what I was wondering too. I am guessing they worked out a deal with DC to get permission for this.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand