Advertisement

Tom Brevoort Uses "Phantasmagoria" in Interview

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 241 posts

Tom Brevoort Uses "Phantasmagoria" in Interview

Postby LOLtron » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am

Tom Brevoort Uses

The Marvel editor shows off his vocabulary in a new interview with USA Today.

Source: USA Today

During an interview with USA Today, Marvel editor used the word 'phantasmagoria' while describing Bryan Hitch's art in the Age of Ultron.  "[Hitch's art is] this big visual phantasmagoria that will really put you down in this world and make you feel the devastation and destruction," Brevoort said.

The word impressed many USA Today readers, most of whom had never heard of the word before the article.  "That's a fantastic word," said businessman Jerry Parks, who read the article while eating a complimentary breakfast at the Marriott hotel in Fort Collins, Colorado.  "It's like an orgasm in my mouth.

Brevoort's use of the word, which Merriam Webster defines as "a bizarre or fantastic combination, collection, or assemblage", also settles a thirty year bet made by Brevoort and his high school English teacher Mr. Erdback, who bet that Brevoort would one day use one of several borderline non-sensical descriptive nouns in the real world. 

"The second USA Today asked me about Bryan's art, I knew I had to describe it as phantasmagoric," Brevoort said in an imaginary interview with the Outhouse.  "I'll be sending Mr. Erdback $5 when I get back to the office."

The only downside to Breevort's quote is that the use of the word phantasmagoria overshadowed the rest of the interview.  No one can quite remember if anything else of note was said. "I think the interview was about the Age of Cyborgs, or something like that," said local nerd Benjamin Cleaver.  "But more importantly, I finally got a girl to go out with me after I described her hair as phantasmagoric. Thanks, Mr. Brevoort!"

To see phantasmagoria in it's full, unfiltered glory, be sure to read the USA Today article.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 819 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Tom Brevoort Uses

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 am

:lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 308 posts

Re: Tom Brevoort Uses

Postby GHERU » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 am

I had to look the word up
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand