Tuesday, December 6, 2016 • Morning Edition • "If you loved Hotel Rwanda, you'll love The Outhouse."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Tony Daniel Quits Twitter After Gender Politics Argument

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:20 am

Jubilee wrote:
It's performance posting, it's entirely up to the reader how they take my posting..

You should Sig that, and thus use it as a disclaimer on all your posts! :P

TimH

dINGO

Postby TimH » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:26 am

Tony Daniel is man of wealth and taste, my friends!

Ironically, within Sir Tony Daniel's response, the term "douchebag" is sexist too. That's a sanitary device that women use for hygiene or medical reasons, correct?

In his slight defense though, while "Friendzone" implies a misogynistic idea, it has a less sexist cousin--the devastation a guy (or a woman) experiences when he (or she) really likes a girl (or boy), but the girl or boy doesn't regard him as dating material.

Sally: Bob, you're really sweet. I love confiding in you about my dates with real men.
Bob: You're the center of my universe. You're my destiny. I can't get you out of my thoughts.
Sally: Do you mind if I torture you for awhile, confiding in you how frustrated I am that the Captain of the University Football Team won't return my phone calls?

And yes, not to be sexist, this can go both ways, with a woman who has an enormous crush on a man, and he declines to see her as anything more than his favorite kid sister.

The difference between this and "Friendzoning", however, is that the "rebuffed courter" is legitimately infatuated with the woman (or man) he/she is courting. The fact that the other party "just wants to be friends" is emotionally devastating.

It sounds like with "Friendzoning", the guy (specifically a guy) was trying to get the girl into bed, and is mildly bummed that she deflected his advances.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:33 am

The term douchebag is sexist, because it's an item women use?

Women don't use urinal cakes, they're pretty much solely used by men. If I call Jude Terror a lemon scented urinal cake, am I being sexist?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:33 am

That's social misconception that all men are after is the pussy. While it's the case 99.99% of the time that the man is after the pussy, he's probably after a meaningful something or other. This is a common thing that people assign to men and I think it contributes to the idiot pandering of internet feminists.

Men like sex. Women also like sex. Humans are sexual beings by nature.

Just because a guy goes the length to impress a woman and gets "friend zoned", it doesn't mean he's after the pussy. If anything, he's more likely to be after a relationship with the girl. The friend zone implies that the girl spends a lot of her time bitching about her boyfriends and the dude believes he can be a better boyfriend than her other boyfriends. Sometimes sex is a side-note in the entire equation.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:34 am

Lord Simian wrote:The term douchebag is sexist, because it's an item women use?

Women don't use urinal cakes, they're pretty much solely used by men. If I call Jude Terror a lemon scented urinal cake, am I being sexist?

If you called a woman a urinal cake, then that would be sexist.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:34 am

TimH wrote:Tony Daniel is man of wealth and taste, my friends!

So you're saying Tony Daniel is the Devil? :shock:

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:36 am

Keb wrote:That's social misconception that all men are after is the pussy. While it's the case 99.99% of the time that the man is after the pussy, he's probably after a meaningful something or other. This is a common thing that people assign to men and I think it contributes to the idiot pandering of internet feminists.

Wait, that can't be right, Kebster. If you're right, that sounds like a sexist assumption... :P

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:44 am

If while you're calling him that he's writhing and moaning "fuck yeah .. fuck yeah", then no.
That's just fucking hot ! :twisted:

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:02 am

I'm struggling to come up with a more manufactured "issue".

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:06 am

I asked my friend, who is studying "Women's Studies" in college, and she said this is really honestly a huge topic among feminists right now.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:11 am

DC Comics Friendzoned the OH.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:14 am

Almost sounds better then your usual "Dirty Hippy SF Liberal" term of endearment. :lol:

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:23 am

dairydead wrote:I asked my friend, who is studying "Women's Studies" in college, and she said this is really honestly a huge topic among feminists right now.

It's a totally ginned up fake topic to generate...what? Righteous anger?

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:38 am

dairydead wrote:I asked my friend, who is studying "Women's Studies" in college, and she said this is really honestly a huge topic among feminists right now.

:smt107

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Really?

Are feminists really that daft?

leave a comment with facebook