Advertisement

FF #07

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: FF #07

Postby Zechs » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:13 am

Anyone get the feeling Hickman did this because Marvel told him, "Yeah.. we're using the Thing for Fear Itself and you can't use the FF. Have fun."

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:35 am

Zechs wrote:Anyone get the feeling Hickman did this because Marvel told him, "Yeah.. we're using the Thing for Fear Itself and you can't use the FF. Have fun."

I think the latest solicits had Ben finally returning to the FF.

This run is a mess, like Hickman thought up 3 storylines and decided to mash them together like a 4 year old with clay. Also agree the art was lousy this issue, sometimes I really couldn't figure out what information certain panels were meant to convey to me. Felt like a very rushed job on that end, with not enough care put into even the basic compositions let alone the finished artwork.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:14 pm

You know I realized why I haven't been feeling these past three issues. The book needs more DOOM. They should have killed Richards and the book would have been better off.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Zechs wrote:You know I realized why I haven't been feeling these past three issues. The book needs more DOOM. They should have killed Richards and the book would have been better off.

Lots of dead Richardses.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:17 pm

– As someone who gets a tiny sexual thrill every time Black Bolt speaks, this issue rocked my socks off. Just so bad-ass. “I AM AWAKE!!!” Boom! Ahahahahaha. I am still a bit confused by what’s going on here, but this issue made #6 make a lot more sense, and contained enough cool moments to please me. It is kind of annoying how Hickman just interrupted the big Evil Reeds/Four Cities thing to tell this story, but it’s important back-story I suppose, we needed to know why BB was back. I just want to know what he’s back for!

Comic_Doctor
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Tag Team

Postby Comic_Doctor » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:27 pm

We'll find out what he's back for soon enough.

I screwed up my initial review - I was confused with issue #6. I've read #7 now, and it's no better. Am I wrong to think Black Bolt shouting would do WAY more damage?

Let's get back to the FF storyline already in progress.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1480 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Comic_Doctor wrote:Am I wrong to think Black Bolt shouting would do WAY more damage?

Nope, you're not wrong. A gentle whisper would have caused the type of damage that we saw in the Kree throne room. A full on shout should have leveled a city if not more. That being said, unfortunately we do not know exactly how loud Black Bolt was speaking. I would assume that he shouted from the font used but perhaps they chose to exaggerate the font to express how impactful his words are?

I defended issue 6 but in this issue it is clear that Hickman doesn't understand the Inhumans. Black Bolt's powers appear inconsistent and the whole extra wives story doesn't work for me. If Medusa didn't immediately shoot down the idea, then Black Bolt should have.
ImageImageImage

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:34 pm

These two issues have sucked and I love the Inhumans

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 723 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:27 am

what i really don't get is Lockjaw magically went and saved Black Bolt, but why couldn't he do that when he initially was lost in the Fault??? and why wouldn't he go back and save Nova and Starlord as well since they were the Inhuman's allies in the whole War of Kings thing?

mestevo
Faster Pussycat

Postby mestevo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:39 am

Since I buy FF to read about FF, I've hated this interlude so much that this last issue has sat there unread all week so far.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable... but this Black Bolt stuff should have been in a one-shot or mini-series IMO.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 am

This issue sucked! :smt011

I hope the Kree drop a Nega-bomb or some shit on Attilan now.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 723 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:51 am

mestevo wrote:Since I buy FF to read about FF, I've hated this interlude so much that this last issue has sat there unread all week so far.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable... but this Black Bolt stuff should have been in a one-shot or mini-series IMO.

well there's the thing of the Inhumans technically being FF characters since they were first introduced in FF. And at least two of them have been members of the FF. Plus there's the whole thing of the Reed army being on the Blue Area of the Moon (the inhuman's old base of operations) and the fact that Hickman more than likely is gonna pick this up later in his run. He's usually pretty good about using anything he seeds into his stories.

mestevo
Faster Pussycat

Postby mestevo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:02 pm

e_galston wrote:
well there's the thing of the Inhumans technically being FF characters since they were first introduced in FF. And at least two of them have been members of the FF. Plus there's the whole thing of the Reed army being on the Blue Area of the Moon (the inhuman's old base of operations) and the fact that Hickman more than likely is gonna pick this up later in his run. He's usually pretty good about using anything he seeds into his stories.

Great points of course and I agree, I guess I'd have rather have Black Bolt show up and then fill in the story later, rather than put all things FF on hold for a few issues while they catch us up. That or trickle this story to us as a 2nd act over FF 1-4ish and then have the stories converge when appropriate.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 359 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Having Black Bolt so arbitrarily kill that one person is so out of character.

Hickman needs a punch.

Black Bolt with 5 wives? That's just dumb.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 886 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Punchy wrote:– As someone who gets a tiny sexual thrill every time Black Bolt speaks, this issue rocked my socks off. Just so bad-ass. “I AM AWAKE!!!” Boom! Ahahahahaha. I am still a bit confused by what’s going on here, but this issue made #6 make a lot more sense, and contained enough cool moments to please me. It is kind of annoying how Hickman just interrupted the big Evil Reeds/Four Cities thing to tell this story, but it’s important back-story I suppose, we needed to know why BB was back. I just want to know what he’s back for!

Note: do not buy "used" Inhumans issues from Punchy

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand