Friday, May 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Exclusive! Exclusive! Hggulghhlgghhlghhlghh!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


FF #07

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:13 am

Anyone get the feeling Hickman did this because Marvel told him, "Yeah.. we're using the Thing for Fear Itself and you can't use the FF. Have fun."
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:35 am

Zechs wrote:Anyone get the feeling Hickman did this because Marvel told him, "Yeah.. we're using the Thing for Fear Itself and you can't use the FF. Have fun."


I think the latest solicits had Ben finally returning to the FF.

This run is a mess, like Hickman thought up 3 storylines and decided to mash them together like a 4 year old with clay. Also agree the art was lousy this issue, sometimes I really couldn't figure out what information certain panels were meant to convey to me. Felt like a very rushed job on that end, with not enough care put into even the basic compositions let alone the finished artwork.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:14 pm

You know I realized why I haven't been feeling these past three issues. The book needs more DOOM. They should have killed Richards and the book would have been better off.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Zechs wrote:You know I realized why I haven't been feeling these past three issues. The book needs more DOOM. They should have killed Richards and the book would have been better off.


Lots of dead Richardses.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:17 pm

– As someone who gets a tiny sexual thrill every time Black Bolt speaks, this issue rocked my socks off. Just so bad-ass. “I AM AWAKE!!!” Boom! Ahahahahaha. I am still a bit confused by what’s going on here, but this issue made #6 make a lot more sense, and contained enough cool moments to please me. It is kind of annoying how Hickman just interrupted the big Evil Reeds/Four Cities thing to tell this story, but it’s important back-story I suppose, we needed to know why BB was back. I just want to know what he’s back for!
User avatar

Comic_Doctor

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Comic_Doctor » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:27 pm

We'll find out what he's back for soon enough.

I screwed up my initial review - I was confused with issue #6. I've read #7 now, and it's no better. Am I wrong to think Black Bolt shouting would do WAY more damage?

Let's get back to the FF storyline already in progress.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Comic_Doctor wrote:Am I wrong to think Black Bolt shouting would do WAY more damage?


Nope, you're not wrong. A gentle whisper would have caused the type of damage that we saw in the Kree throne room. A full on shout should have leveled a city if not more. That being said, unfortunately we do not know exactly how loud Black Bolt was speaking. I would assume that he shouted from the font used but perhaps they chose to exaggerate the font to express how impactful his words are?

I defended issue 6 but in this issue it is clear that Hickman doesn't understand the Inhumans. Black Bolt's powers appear inconsistent and the whole extra wives story doesn't work for me. If Medusa didn't immediately shoot down the idea, then Black Bolt should have.
User avatar

Kerny

Review Grouper

Postby Kerny » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:34 pm

These two issues have sucked and I love the Inhumans
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:27 am

what i really don't get is Lockjaw magically went and saved Black Bolt, but why couldn't he do that when he initially was lost in the Fault??? and why wouldn't he go back and save Nova and Starlord as well since they were the Inhuman's allies in the whole War of Kings thing?

mestevo

Faster Pussycat

Postby mestevo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:39 am

Since I buy FF to read about FF, I've hated this interlude so much that this last issue has sat there unread all week so far.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable... but this Black Bolt stuff should have been in a one-shot or mini-series IMO.
User avatar

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 am

This issue sucked! :smt011

I hope the Kree drop a Nega-bomb or some shit on Attilan now.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:51 am

mestevo wrote:Since I buy FF to read about FF, I've hated this interlude so much that this last issue has sat there unread all week so far.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable... but this Black Bolt stuff should have been in a one-shot or mini-series IMO.


well there's the thing of the Inhumans technically being FF characters since they were first introduced in FF. And at least two of them have been members of the FF. Plus there's the whole thing of the Reed army being on the Blue Area of the Moon (the inhuman's old base of operations) and the fact that Hickman more than likely is gonna pick this up later in his run. He's usually pretty good about using anything he seeds into his stories.

mestevo

Faster Pussycat

Postby mestevo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:02 pm

e_galston wrote:
well there's the thing of the Inhumans technically being FF characters since they were first introduced in FF. And at least two of them have been members of the FF. Plus there's the whole thing of the Reed army being on the Blue Area of the Moon (the inhuman's old base of operations) and the fact that Hickman more than likely is gonna pick this up later in his run. He's usually pretty good about using anything he seeds into his stories.


Great points of course and I agree, I guess I'd have rather have Black Bolt show up and then fill in the story later, rather than put all things FF on hold for a few issues while they catch us up. That or trickle this story to us as a 2nd act over FF 1-4ish and then have the stories converge when appropriate.
User avatar

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Having Black Bolt so arbitrarily kill that one person is so out of character.

Hickman needs a punch.

Black Bolt with 5 wives? That's just dumb.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Punchy wrote:– As someone who gets a tiny sexual thrill every time Black Bolt speaks, this issue rocked my socks off. Just so bad-ass. “I AM AWAKE!!!” Boom! Ahahahahaha. I am still a bit confused by what’s going on here, but this issue made #6 make a lot more sense, and contained enough cool moments to please me. It is kind of annoying how Hickman just interrupted the big Evil Reeds/Four Cities thing to tell this story, but it’s important back-story I suppose, we needed to know why BB was back. I just want to know what he’s back for!


Note: do not buy "used" Inhumans issues from Punchy

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 59 guests