Advertisement

I'm Torn....

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Keb wrote:But art's so important to anything. If the artist can't tell the story, there's no point reading it.

That's true. But good art with bad story is still a bad story.

Good story with mediocre art is annoying, but still readable.

Ideally, you want both good story and art.

Advertisement

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 378 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:56 pm

All of Loeb's work with Sale has been much better than witohut him. I've read all of them except for Wolverine/ Gambit and the only bad thing was the Challengers of the Unknown mini (but it did have a great Guy Gardner back-up with it). I'll definitely be checking out the first issue at the very least.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 42 posts

Postby KingPagla » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:18 pm

nietoperz wrote:The only times I've ever liked Loeb were The Long Halloween and Dark Victory, though I admittedly have never read the Marvel 'colour' books. Perhaps Sale's really the writer on these, or something...
Could be that work the old Marvel way.
They both work out the plot then Sale does the art, pretty much "directing the piece, then Loeb writes the dialog.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand