Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Trinity War/Forever Evil explained by Johns. (SPOILERS)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:01 am

Final Crisis wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. It had some typical/expected Morrison out-of-left-field moments but was a mostly coherent story.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:06 am

outsider wrote:Final Crisis wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. It had some typical/expected Morrison out-of-left-field moments but was a mostly coherent story.

Yeah, I don't understand how anyone was confused about it. It wasn't a perfect story, although it really, really reads better in collected format.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:09 am

The only good thing about Final Crisis was the three legions thing and that's only cause of Perez...
Morrison's whole glossing over the best part of this 'story' ie how Darkseid takes over was bunk... and the Monitors? wtf? And Superman whistling to save the day? I wipe my arse with that crap

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 am

superfictious wrote:
Yeah, I don't understand how anyone was confused about it. It wasn't a perfect story, although it really, really reads better in collected format.

True. The inconsistent art is unfortunate. Also unfortunate is how bad DC bungled the lead up stuff. I do think the whole Libra and his Society of Villains thing wasn't well laid out well (although that possibly was the fault of the lead up). My other real problem with the series was how little Wonder Woman was used (something Morrison has owned up to).
Ultimately, it's not the best DC event ever (I much prefer One Million), I like it a lot better than what we've been getting out of either of the big two in the last several years (Annihilation withstanding).

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:32 am

holtom2000 wrote:The only good thing about Final Crisis was the three legions thing and that's only cause of Perez...
Morrison's whole glossing over the best part of this 'story' ie how Darkseid takes over was bunk... and the Monitors? wtf? And Superman whistling to save the day? I wipe my arse with that crap

My guess is that Superman's "whistling" was somehow a reference to the Song of Roland. Or maybe Joshua at Jericho. Or something of that literary nature.

And Lo3W was crap. That's all I'm gonna say about it, except that it made the Legion look pathetic as having to bring back Bart Allen and Connor Kent to life to defeat SBP.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 am

outsider wrote:Final Crisis wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. It had some typical/expected Morrison out-of-left-field moments but was a mostly coherent story.

Coherent?

LOL

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:41 am

mrorangesoda wrote:
True. The inconsistent art is unfortunate. Also unfortunate is how bad DC bungled the lead up stuff. I do think the whole Libra and his Society of Villains thing wasn't well laid out well (although that possibly was the fault of the lead up). My other real problem with the series was how little Wonder Woman was used (something Morrison has owned up to).
Ultimately, it's not the best DC event ever (I much prefer One Million), I like it a lot better than what we've been getting out of either of the big two in the last several years (Annihilation withstanding).

Yeah, DC One Million was definitely superior.

Morrison threw a lot of shit in FC, but there were a lot of missed opportunities that could've made the story so much better. But it reads like a standard superhero event comic to me, with maybe a bit too much pretentious hype ("My Lord of the Rings"...oh Grant...). Then again, I only read the main mini, Resist, and the Superman tie-ins.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:47 am

:smt041 Yay! I don't need to read it now! :smt041

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:52 am

superfictious wrote:
Yeah, DC One Million was definitely superior.

Morrison threw a lot of shit in FC, but there were a lot of missed opportunities that could've made the story so much better. But it reads like a standard superhero event comic to me, with maybe a bit too much pretentious hype ("My Lord of the Rings"...oh Grant...). Then again, I only read the main mini, Resist, and the Superman tie-ins.

A Comic book event getting too much hype? Surely you jest...
The Batman stuff is kind of necessary too. The Rogue mini was relatively fun, but not essential. I didn't like the Legion thing (but I hate them anyway- or rather I've yet to be able to like them, I keep trying).

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:55 am

So the new GL is going to be killed by Superman?

Yeesh, that is so not going to go over well with the PC crowd.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:So the new GL is going to be killed by Superman?

Yeesh, that is so not going to go over well with the PC crowd.

GL? No, Superman doesn't kill him.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 pm

If he killed him, it wouldn't be in continuity.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:05 pm

nietoperz wrote:
GL? No, Superman doesn't kill him.

Seemed to suggest it in the video. Given DC's history... could happen.

Also, did anyone else notice what appeared to be Captain Marvel in black and not red in that artwork?

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Seemed to suggest it in the video. Given DC's history... could happen.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Dr. Light

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:12 pm

outsider wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Dr. Light

That's just to appease Herald. Then in pure Slott, Hoshi will be fridged. :P

leave a comment with facebook