Thursday, April 26, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "In this issue: an Outhouser will DIE!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Ultimate Comics Avengers 5

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:23 pm

skywatcher wrote:Thatcher isn't held in the same regard as Kennedy is. Plenty of people who endured her tenure as Prime Minister would cheer at her being portrayed as having her brains shot out! I think more British people would be upset by the Skull ending the Doctor Who TV series (it made it's debut in November 1963).

:lol: I laughed at the thought of comparing the two in that way! What disparate people, with equally disparate legacies. I think of Thatcher more like Reagan here, although history is white-washing his legacy over time--has the same soft-focus been applied to Britain's Iron Lady?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Spicy Dick wrote::lol: I laughed at the thought of comparing the two in that way! What disparate people, with equally disparate legacies. I think of Thatcher more like Reagan here, although history is white-washing his legacy over time--has the same soft-focus been applied to Britain's Iron Lady?

Nope, pretty much everyone still hates her, even though she has dementia and stuff.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Punchy wrote:Nope, pretty much everyone still hates her, even though she has dementia and stuff.

Cheers to you, then! :-D

I would kill to see a good dementia'd Thatcher youtube. :D

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:I would kill to see a good dementia'd Thatcher youtube. :D

She just repeats herself, apparently, which is why she has been withdrawn from the public speech circuit (which had been a very lucrative enterprise for her since being ousted as Prime Minister).
It's also pertinent to remember that, though she's a contemporary of Reagan's, she wasn't ever as popular as he was and she was actually forced to resign by her own Party while still in office. She's unlikely ever to be "whitewashed" by history; her determination (which many saw as her main strength) proved to be her undoing. She thought she could force through hugely unpopular government measures without any electoral repercussion. She was mistaken.

Back on topic...

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:15 pm

I love how this turned into a legitimate discussion of British politics. Only at the Outhouse ... :lol:

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:49 pm

spidertour02 wrote:I love how this turned into a legitimate discussion of British politics. Only at the Outhouse ... :lol:

Your fault for mentioning Thatcher! :P

DonDaddyD

cheese

Postby DonDaddyD » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Brilliant issue. Another success by Millar.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:52 pm

skywatcher wrote:Your fault for mentioning Thatcher! :P

Whenever I hear "Thatcher" I think of Rik from The Young Ones.

leave a comment with facebook