Advertisement

Ultimate Hawkeye #3 (HULK NO DISTRACTION spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Ultimate Hawkeye #3 (HULK NO DISTRACTION spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:25 pm

This book is mental, it’s really weird to see outlandish stuff like floating cities come into contrast with the relatively realistic Ultimate Hawkeye and a militaristic setting. It was great to see the Ultimate X characters show up again, because that was actually a really good book that was overlooked by too many people because of the Loeb factor. It’s also a cause for celebration any time Ultimate Hulk shows up, he’s just more fun than regular Hulk. I’m not sure if they guy on the last page is supposed to be a character we know or not, but he looked creepy enough, Rafa Sandoval is doing a great job here.

Advertisement

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Ultimate Hawkeye #3 (HULK NO DISTRACTION spoilers)

Postby The Bass » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:58 pm

I thought it was Dormammu. Hickman would make that shit realistic

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:48 pm

A very solid issue, the best so far of this mini-series. It was great to see Hawkeye acting as a commander as opposed to just a hitman for Nick Fury.

Also, I just assumed that the guy at the end was the ultimate version of Xorn. At least, the face and the star-field behind it looked right.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 357 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:28 pm

Flynn the Pirate wrote:A very solid issue, the best so far of this mini-series. It was great to see Hawkeye acting as a commander as opposed to just a hitman for Nick Fury.

Also, I just assumed that the guy at the end was the ultimate version of Xorn. At least, the face and the star-field behind it looked right.

that's exactly what i was thinking, and with the location the story takes place.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 765 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Flynn the Pirate wrote:Also, I just assumed that the guy at the end was the ultimate version of Xorn. At least, the face and the star-field behind it looked right.

Damn, I haven't picked this up yet. I just picked up the second issue last week but I definitely want to be there on the ground floor of the return of Ultimate Magneto if it really is the ultimate version of Xorn! :-D

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 189 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Flynn the Pirate wrote:A very solid issue, the best so far of this mini-series. It was great to see Hawkeye acting as a commander as opposed to just a hitman for Nick Fury.

Same. First reaction was Dormammu, but the stars and uniform practically screamed Xorn.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 160 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Sakie wrote:
Damn, I haven't picked this up yet. I just picked up the second issue last week but I definitely want to be there on the ground floor of the return of Ultimate Magneto if it really is the ultimate version of Xorn! :-D

Nope its more then likely xorn. Magneto is dead as dirt. The Ultimate U is sticking with the if you die you stay dead.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:54 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Nope its more then likely xorn. Magneto is dead as dirt. The Ultimate U is sticking with the if you die you stay dead.

I know, I was just being facetious since Xorn was originally supposed to be Magneto until Marvel savaged Morrison's run on New X-Men with retcons.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 189 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Sakie wrote:
I know, I was just being facetious since Xorn was originally supposed to be Magneto until Marvel savaged Morrison's run on New X-Men with retcons.

Claremont savaged it because he demanded he get Magneto back. And back then, Claremont sold comics for some stupid reason. Bendis salvaged that mess.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:48 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Claremont savaged it because he demanded he get Magneto back. And back then, Claremont sold comics for some stupid reason. Bendis salvaged that mess.

Yup and because of Claremont and his hissy fit instead of an intelligent end to a great run, we got stuck with this...

...and man was it bad.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand