Advertisement

Ultimate X-Men #8 (Erstwhile Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Ultimate X-Men #8 (Erstwhile Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Much like this week’s issue of The Ultimates, this one was all about bringing the events of Ultimate Hawkeye into play, and showing how important they are to what’s going on, especially when it comes to Karen Grant/Jean Grey. I really liked the stuff with Val Cooper and Nick Fury trying to outwit each other, and the way Spencer revealed Jean’s betrayal was well-done, he really does know how to write a cliffhanger ending, that’s 3 issues in a row now that have thrown me for a loop. It was also good to see Liz Allen and the winged guy again, I for one really enjoyed Ultimate X and it’s good that they haven’t been forgotten as the ‘Ultimate Runaways’. Have we seen Liz’s reaction to Peter Parker’s death yet? That’s something we need to see. Overall this was a strong issue, but it was annoying to have to read 2 recaps of how Tian and Xorn and Zorn came to be in a row, it would have been better if this issue and The Ultimates #7 didn’t come out in the same week.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 124 posts

Re: Ultimate X-Men #8 (Erstwhile Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:40 pm

I liked the issue. I like that it looked like Fury had everything under control and then they flipped it on him and he had no idea. That never happens and its great.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand