Advertisement

Ultimate X-Men #13 (Truly be free Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Ultimate X-Men #13 (Truly be free Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:37 am

Brian Wood takes over the reigns of Ultimate X-Men, and he’s off to a great start. Nick Spencer’s run on the book has left the situation for Mutants worse than ever, and it’s going to be very exciting to see where Wood is going to take things. The focus here is on Kitty Pryde, as she sheds her Shroud gear, and goes out into the streets of NYC in a nifty new white suit. I really liked the scene with he coming to the aid of the pro-Mutant human protesters. Brian Wood is obviously a very political writer, and it was cool to see him explore that, and show how the issues here aren’t just as simple as Mutant Vs Human. Already it seems like Wood’s run is going to be a lot more focussed than Spencer’s, which kind of meandered all over the place, but then that was necessary to set up the status quo for Wood to explore. The core team looks to be Kitty, Rogue, Iceman and Jimmy Hudson, which should be very interesting. Loeb introduced Kid Wolverine ages ago and nobody has really done anything with him, he should be an integral part of this book! After only one issue, I’m very excited about what Wood is going to do with the Ultimate X-Men, he’s not a writer I’d immediately associate with such a mainstream book, but it seems to be working.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand